Hummingbird - Turn all off???

I have a question, hopefully someone from the WPMUDEV developer team can help me. The Hummingbird plugin is amazing, the ability to minify and combine in such an easy interface is a godsend, however i have a gripe!

See, many a time minifying and combining, as well as moving between header and footer breaks a website. That's a fact. Somethings aren't meant to be minified and combined as they can cause conflicts, and somethings just aren't destined to reside in the footer. The Hummingbird panel itself gives the warning;

"moving files between the header and footer of your page can break your website. We recommend tweaking and checking each file as you go and if a setting causes errors then revert the setting here."

So my confusion, why on earth is there NOT a 'turn all minify off' and 'turn all combine off' so that a user can start going through the files one by one and see which cause conflicts?
Would really make life easier, No? Maybe im missing something! XD

• Dutchman

Hi there,

I have the same thing over here. When activated on my multisite network, all the subsite themes break, as in custom settings are not visible anymore like layout and colors. Until that is being updated or more compatible with the themes and it's customization settings, I'm using this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bwp-minify/

From all the plugins I tried, this one works the best and hasn't broken any of the themes on my subsites. Just activate it and it works. Plus you can tweak it more if you want too. But the basics work and does speed up the website.

I went from 100+ requests to only 29 when tested on tools.pingdom.com
    But I guess you should try for yourself first.

Hope this helps for now.
    Cheers,

Ronald

• Sajid

Hi @info4795,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Firs of all let me move this thread from members forum to support forum.

Regarding your question for turing off the minification, we have enable disable minification option. Go to minification page and toggle the enable disable button as seen in attached screenshot. Please correct me if I did not understand you correctly.

Dutchman, For your question, in WordPress multisite there are options for minifcation first is disable completely, second is allow website admin and third is only super admin can enable minifcation for website and subsites.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there,

I think Sajid misunderstood, even with the screenshot he would have been instructing how to disable the minification, that wouldn't be the same as toggle all on/off option which you want.

I've attached a screenshot of that anyway.

As for a toggle which could turn all on/off for Include, Minify and Combine, I've passed this along to our developer to look into, it would certainly help make things easier if you wanted to revert to not doing anything whilst you test one by one enabling each option.

Dutchman were you enabling it on each site individually and testing the different options?

My guess is that the one you refer to works because it doesn't minify or include everything we are. I'm certainly interested in testing it and seeing how differently it handles everything. I'll also mention this to our developer too. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.