i have a site using the twentythirteen theme, i want

i have a site using the twentythirteen theme, i want to replace the header logo, i dont want to create a child theme and cannot even find where the images that are there now are located. I am new to wp and a previous designer created this site and i need to change the header and all the posts do not help me for this theme.

i am not sure how i can replace the images with one large banner in the header section. I just need help with this area only.

can you help me figure this out?
http://www.midwestsmokeout.com

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @hector, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Having a closer look at things here, I'm seeing that what's in place now is a child theme for the Twenty Thirteen theme, with some customizations made to the header.

This should be an easy tweak, but I'd like to have a closer look at things here, we'll need to adjust things a bit. Do you have a image ready to use here on the site? (Twenty Thirteen recommends an image size of 1600px × 230px)

Also, could you please send in the following:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password) - this will particularly be needed for editing the theme, as it's a bad idea to make edits from inside of WordPress
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• hector
    • Flash Drive

ok i added the header image to the media gallery
    http://www.midwestsmokeout.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/mso_header_1600_230.jpg

i wanted to have a banner the size of the site and to be in the header area only, but i am open to anything right now as i need this to be added to header and need the current images and text in header to be removed.

if you can provide me with the steps i would appreciate it as i want to make sure i know how to do so in future.

• hector
    • Flash Drive

thats what i want to do is use a cropped one well not so cropped but one that is maybe 1000x350 per say or similar in size. how do i do that in css? i havnt found any customizations for the header in any threads i read so far.

• Titanium Creative
    • Schcommunity Organizer

I'm not familiar with how, exactly, the theme works but what we are doing is removing the pieces in home-link and replace them with the file I am attaching.
    • Upload the attached file and get the full path to it
    • Look in the child theme for a reference to logo-original.png and replace that path and image with the path to your new image.
    • See if you can just remove the home date text unless you want it somewhere else. If you can't find it, change line 869 of the child theme style.css by adding display:none; to .home-date
    • On line 850 of the child theme style.css add background-image:none; to get rid of the glass on the left.
    • On line 863 change #logo to float:left; margin: 0px 0px 0px 15%; set the size to however large you want it to appear.

I think that is it.

• Titanium Creative
    • Schcommunity Organizer

I don't have access so I didn't make the changes. I just set it up in my browser so I could preview it.
    The instructions are in the posts above.
    If you aren't able to make those changes yourself, contact me directly at btaylor@titaniumcreative.com to give me access and I will take care of it for you.
    DISCLAIMER - I am not staff with WPMUDEV. I am a web developer and participate in these forums to get help and to help others.

• Titanium Creative
    • Schcommunity Organizer

Just took a look at your changes. Looks good. The only problem with using the uncropped header image is the page is no longer responsive. The cropped image will play better with the text at smaller sizes and since you have so much black space, you will be able to use the image full width with small viewports. You can also use @ styles to drop the text below the header image at small sizes.

Hope that helps!!

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Wow @hector, looks like you and @Titanium Creative have been pretty busy here! :slight_smile:

Were you still needing help with this, or were you able to get this adjusted in the meantime? I'd be glad to help if you're still needing it, though it seems like Titanium Creative's gotten you pretty much sorted out here. :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.