I have a theme I made myself and which allows a menu

I have a theme I made myself and which allows a menu in the footer which I use to display terms of service, sitemap, etc. In MU, I'd like to make sure all the subdomains which use this theme have the same menu - so do I have to hard code the footer.php with the html or is there a way to make one menu THE menu for all other sites?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @AndrewTraub,

If you want the menu exactly the same on all sites, then yes, pretty much you would need to hard code each menu in the theme footer.php, as each site would create it's own custom menu, so essentially, you would need to create that menu on each subsite the theme is installed on.

I've been trying to find a way of copying the nav menu's across sites, but haven't found anything that can do that unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Unfortunaely not. However it can be done when you initially create a site by using our New blog Templates plugin.

This would allow you to create a site which you then use as a template for all other sites, so you install the theme on it, setup the menu, add widgets, plugins etc. Then you create a template from it. Once done, you can then select that template or have it set as default, so whenever a new site is created, it will be created and setup using that theme & plugins and so on exactly like the template site.

But this can only work for new sites, You can't do it with existing sites.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

hope this helps

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @AndrewTraub,

Hope you're well today and sorry about the extreme delay here.

I've just taken a look around and can't find a way to setup a theme for use globally if the sites have already been created.

One way around would be to delete all other themes and then it should default to the only theme.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.