I have an events page, I would like to show the events as a list rather than calendar

Hi,
I would like to know whether it is possible to show the list of events as a list rather than on a calendar?

T

• Tyler Postle

Hey T,

Hope your day is going well!

I'd be happy to help you with this :slight_smile:

If you want to change your main /events page to the listing style then you can do this via Events > Settings and check the "Override default appearance" box then select archive template "Plugin: Default" from the drop down (screenshot attached).

You can also add this shortcode on to any page you like and it should give a similar look:

[eab_archive]

With the shortcode you have many parameters you can use to customize the list, I have listed them with their definition below:

network - (boolean) Query type
    date - (date) Starting date - default to now
    relative_date - (strtotime-compatible string) A date relative to now or to date argument
    lookahead - (boolean) Don't use default monthly page - use weeks count instead
    weeks - (integer) Look ahead this many weeks
    category - (string or integer) Show events from this category (ID or slug)
    categories - (list of comma-separated IDs) Show events from these categories - accepts comma-separated list of IDs
    limit - (integer) Show at most this many events
    order - (ordering keyword) Sort events in this direction
    paged - (boolean) Allow paging - use with "limit" argument
    page - (integer) Start on this page
    class - (string) Apply this CSS class
    template - (string) Subtemplate file, or template class call
    override_styles - (boolean) Toggle default styles usage
    override_scripts - (boolean) Toggle default scripts usage

You can also view these in the Events > Shortcodes section :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Let us know if you still need any further assistance here.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Ygor,

Hope you are doing well today - hope you've enjoyed the first week of your membership so far :slight_smile:

As for your question, you can make the built in event archive page a list by overriding the default appearance via Events+ > Settings > Appearance Settings. Choose any template except calender for the "Archive Template".

Some templates will work better with different themes. So, give them each a try :slight_smile:

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
      Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.