I have an existing product catalog not in MarketPress. How do I add a buy now button to that?

PLEASE help me with this!!

I've developed a site with literally thousands of products. I am managing my inventory using a Wordpress CSV Importer plugin (not MarketPress). Each product has an internal SKU that is a unique identifier.

I don't want to change the way my site works, because my employees are used to the way it works and my inventory system creates the CSVs necessary. In short, everything is running smoothly, so why would I change it?

However, I want to use MarketPress to add e-commerce functionality.

I was able to get this (kind of) working by uploading CSVs with the SKU as the product title into MarketPress. I can then add a "Buy Now" button on my already existing catalog by changing my Wordpress product page theme template to include a link to mysite.com/store/products/SKU.

There are 3 questions I have about this:

1) Doing it this way means end users have to click "Buy Now" or "Add to Cart" twice. (Once in my already existing catalog, and a second time in the MarketPress "store"). Is there a way to by-pass one of the "buy now" buttons?

2) Is there a way for me to set the "product_id" in MarketPress to my SKU number? Because that would help me by-pass having two "Buy Now" buttons

3) Is there a way to remove the "Login" section of the shopping cart besides doing a display:none on the table column?

I know there's a ton of info here, so please let me know if there is anything I can clarify

Thanks!!

• aecnu

Greetings royjo,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

Of course this is indeed custom coding which is beyond the scope of the support we provide here and this is also way beyond the intended use as well.

However, I will try to help with what I can.

1) Doing it this way means end users have to click "Buy Now" or "Add to Cart" twice. (Once in my already existing catalog, and a second time in the MarketPress "store"). Is there a way to by-pass one of the "buy now" buttons?

Not that I am aware of because the buttons in Market Press are not done with regular URL's but with Javascript.

2) Is there a way for me to set the "product_id" in MarketPress to my SKU number? Because that would help me by-pass having two "Buy Now" buttons

You could manipulate this directly in the Market press database I believe by repacing the current one with your sku number. This if course would need to be tested.

3) Is there a way to remove the "Login" section of the shopping cart besides doing a display:none on the table column?

Yes by removing it from the core file of the cart.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.