How do I show my blog posts first while I am updating the theme

I have an existing site and want to change the spirit theme? I want to show the blog post first while I am updating the home page

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Adeline,

I hope you're well today! I'm glad that you're switching to Spirit!

If I'm understanding correctly you'd like the frontpage of your site display a list of posts instead of "about" page and other "static" content? To do so, please open your homepage in your broswer and switch to "Upfront" mode by clicking on "Upfront" link in the admin bar.

Now click on every element such as "About" title, separator line and other (check out spirit1.png image) and click on a little red icon in top-right corner of each block. You'll remove those block from the view this way. When your frontpage is clear (apart from the elements such as header and footer or other that you wish to keep), select "Posts" icon from the "Draggable Elements" list on the left and place it on your layout, then select "Post list" -> "Continue". Now you can edit it just as any other Upfront/spirit element. When your layout is ready, just save it et voile, you're done

I hope that helps and if you have any further question, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll be glad to help.

Cheers,
    Adam

Adam Czajczyk

Hey Adeline,

I hope you're having a great day and I'm glad I could help!

As for the theme testing, are you using this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-tester/? I don't think it could manage separating visible theme from the admin's sandbox theme properly. It's a quite basic plugin and in case of solutions of such a complexity as Upfront it may not be able to handle changes well. However you may of course give it a try. The idea is to activate the theme for users as you usually do and then go to the plugin's admin page and activate another theme for admin's testing.

Considering what I've just said, you may also want to give this plugin a try:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-test-drive/

That said, please start new threads for new questions instead of adding them here, unless they are directly related to the initial issue. This way we'll be able to give you a faster response and it will be easier for both sides to catch up with what's going on

I hope that helps.

Regards,
    Adam