I have been trying

Hi,
I have been trying to sort out my image compressing and resizing and getting super frustrated. I have gone through every image on my home page, resized it to be the 800x600 (suggestion from the theme developer), deleted the old feature pictures and uploaded new ones in there place.
Then I have gone to re-test my site and I am still getting a bunch of warnings for the same images, however when I click on the links to view them, they are the old sized images that I deleted? Not sure how this is possible but some help on this would be awesome.
Thanks
Julian

• Rupok

Hi Julian,

I'm so sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. Let me explain this.

"Compressing and Resizing" occurs when you use an image in a frame which is smaller than the image dimension. For example, if you show a 1200x800 px image in a 600x400 px frame, that will cause this issue. On your site, I found multiple images which are bigger than the frame size. e.g. https://monosnap.com/file/7KRKeIAsm5egQvCdEiUYEf4NDuySQB
    In this example, a 800x600 px image is being shown in a 223x167 px frame. That's why this image is listed as "Compressing and Resizing".

however when I click on the links to view them, they are the old sized images that I deleted

I'm sorry but I'm not exactly sure about this line. Can you please explain a little more about this?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Julian,

Hmm, you're still getting the "Compress and Resize" reports which is not about image optimization, and it's about images being larger than the holder, as Rupok mentioned earlier, and when I inspect your home page I can indeed see that the larger images are still being loaded.

I see that you have "Force Regenerate Thumbnails" plugin installed, did you perhaps run it after your previous changes because this will force creation of new thumbnails and it would rewrite your old ones.

This could also be due to page builder and how it handles images on page save, so perhaps you should discuss this with page builder devs and check how could you set images to match the HTML holder so they don't get resized to fit.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.