I have been using Paid Memberships Pro, and it is okay. It

Hello,

I have been using Paid Memberships Pro, and it is okay. It does what we need it to do by restricting access to our videos until registered.

My question:
When users register it only asks for email and a username. We need to know their name, gender, birth date, and zip code.

Do you guys have a solution for this or something I can easily convert to and get away from Paid Memberships Pro?

Thanks

• Patrick

Hi there @John

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

The Membership Pro plugin is designed to integrate with BuddyPress registration for that purpose.

With BuddyPress installed, you can enable only the features/components that you need or want. So if you don't want all the community-oriented bells & whistles that BuddyPress offers, simply don't enable them. :slight_smile:

When BuddyPress is active on a site, the Membership plugin will detect it and use the BuddyPress registration form instead of its own. What that means is, you can create and add as many additional profile fields as you need to your registration form by including them in the Base Profile field group in the BuddyPress Extended Profile Fields settings (screenshot below).

An example of such a registration form can be seen on my test site here:
    http://patrickcohen.me/register-3/?action=registeruser&subscription=1

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.

Have you guys ever had anyone switch from Paid Memberships Pro to your Membership plugin.

I am not sure what you are talking about so just want to make it clear.

Do you want to switch from our premium Memberships Pro plugin to the limited lite version of Membership plugin hosted on WP.org?

If yes then you can switch to it by deactivating Memberships Pro plugin and activating Memberships lite plugin but the lite version supports a maximum of three membership levels and three subscription levels, as well as a basic set of rules so all other will get removed.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.