I have create a new template comes with themes pages

I have create a new template comes with themes pages and setting as a default default on my New blog template , but when i create a new site its seems doesnt work ,because it doesnt showing up the specify homepage i setting at my template.

• twmal
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@ari thanks for your reply!

1) Here is my screenshots , I had setting twmal587 as my NBT default template, when i log in to my new page that i was created ,it's showing error 404. But if i using default theme it's worked.

By the way I'm using WHMCS to handle registration ,is it the reason that NBT can't show up ?

2) Is it possible specific New Blog Templates only available to specific Pro Site levels like i have 2 templates which is A template and B template ,I want A template just only specific for Prosite Silver level,and B template only for Prosite Gold level (not choosing by users when they sign up, assign directly when they sign up )

If so can you give me an instructions how to achieve this ,cause I had spend a couple weeks to google it but haven't an answer yet !Please help me !

Thanks

• twmal

Hi Michelle thanks for your reply, I have another question about it Is it possible specific New Blog Templates only available to specific Pro Site levels like i have 2 templates which is A template and B template ,I want A template just only specific for Prosite Silver level,and B template only for Prosite Gold level (not choosing by users when they sign up, assign directly when they sign up )

If so can you give me an instructions how to achieve this ,cause I had spend a couple weeks to google it but haven’t an answer yet !Please help me !

Thanks

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hello, twmal!

As of right now, New Blog Templates doesn't integrate with ProSites, although this is a very popular feature request.

For now, however, I have a work around. With Pro Sites, you can add modules that will let you choose premium themes and premium plugins to offer with your Pro Site levels. So, if you'd like your lower tier site owners to have one set of themes and plugins, and your higher tiers to have another set, it's easy to put together.

First, go to Network Admin/Pro Sites/Modules and Gateways.

As in my first screenshot, make sure Premium Themes and Premium Plug Ins are both selected. (underlined in red.)

Next, go to the new tab under Pro Sites for Premium Themes, and set a minimum level for each theme you have. This means any site owner with that level of Pro Site or higher will have access.

After that, do the same for your Premium Plugins.

Important: Plugins and themes will need to be network de-activated in order for them to appear in the list as a Premium Theme or Premium Plugin.

Hope this helps!

• twmal

@michelle Shull ,

I would said thousand thanks for you detail reply

But this isn’t what i need , because I hope can have a way for different level have specific different template (including the pages and menu bar), do you have any idea or have a line of code can achieve this ?

Thanks

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey twmal,

Hope you’re doing well today and thanks for getting back to us!

The reason you can’t apply new blog templates for each pro site level is because the template is applied during site creation. Meaning, once a site is setup, there is no way to apply a template to it.

Now, Pro Sites doesn’t allow you to choose your level until your site is setup. Once the site is setup there is no way to re-apply a new blog template to it, which means you aren’t able to attach it to a pro site level.

Best way to go about it is to set some up but keep the premium plugins deactivated, so the people who upgrade can then just simply upgrade their plan and activate the plugins :slight_smile:

In the next major release of Pro Sites we are planning on having the option to select a level BEFORE site sign up. So, once that is released we can re-visit this because it should be possible then!

Hope this helps twmal. Let us know if you have any further questions on this.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,

Tyler

• twmal

Hi, Tyler

Thanks for your reply

I have read this post

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/restricting-specific-page-templates-within-prosites

Which have a coding for defined function get_level()

<?php

global $wpdb;

$blog_id = $wpdb->blogid;

$sql = “SELECT level FROM {$wpdb->base_prefix}pro_sites WHERE blog_ID = ‘$blog_id'”;

$level = $wpdb->get_var( $sql );

if ( $level == 1 ) {

// Do something if level 1

} elseif ( $level == 2 ) {

// Do something if level 2

} elseif ( $level == 3 ) {

// Do something if level 3

} else {

// Do something if none of the above

}

If Im using get_template_part() to define New Blog Template and specific to different prosiets level is it possible ?

If does how to achieve it ? can you give me an instruction I would much more appreciated .

Thanks

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @twmal, I hope you’re well today!

If Im using get_template_part() to define New Blog Template and specific to different prosiets level is it possible ?

I’m afraid I don’t understand what you mean here…

You can’t define a NBT using get_template_part().

Perhaps we don’t mean the same thing when we say New Blog Template?

Could you please elaborate?

Cheers,

Ari

• twmal

Hi Ari,

I hope you are well today !

Thanks for reply , If I want to using your code to specify assign New Blog Template to Pro site levels ,I mean different level have their different template is it able to achieve it ? If does can you give me an instruction for this please ?

Thanks

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again!

Blog Templates are assigned to a blog when that blog is being created.

However Pro-Sites levels can changes and are applied AFTER the site is created.

Therefore it is not possible to assign a blog template depending on the pro-sites level because when the blog template is applied, pro-sites levels do not exist!

When you say themplate, do you by any chance mean theme?

IF this is what you mean then it’s possible and very easy from the Pro-Sites administration screens!

Please advise,

Ari.

• twmal

Hi Ari,

Thanks for your quickly respond.I want my users when he is a Silver level will get the pages and menu is specific for Silver level. And Gold level will have the specify pages and menu. Is it possible changing from Theme can achieve this ? This problem has troubled me for a long time, but unable to find a solution to solve it.Do you have any suggestion for me ?

Thanks

• twmal

Hi,@Michelle Shull,

So sorry Im really poor in explain :slight_frown:

Yes ! I want to assign one theme and pages & one menu for each Prosite levels .

For example Silver level have the menu is about me, join us & contact us etc….. and pages is 2,4,6

Gold level have menu is about feature, about me, join us and pages is 1,3,5

P/s : The theme did not change it doesn’t matter(I can using default theme plug in to achieved it ), but the important thing is the content ( menu and the pages )

Can you give me an instruction on it ? If you could help will very much appreciated.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, twmal!

No worries, I'm sorry for not understanding sooner! I think I have a plan that might work for you.

New Blog Templates is not the plugin you need, as Tyler explained above, it works a bit differently than what you need.

Instead, we're going to use Cloner. Here's what to do:

1. Install Cloner, and network activate it.

2. On your Network dash, go to Settings > Cloner, and mark your settings the same way I have in my screenshot. I also included settings and custom post types, in addition to pages and menus, b/c those are both pretty handy. (If you don't use Custom Post types, you won't have that option.)

3. Create a site on your network for each of your levels, Silver and Gold, with the settings you want all those sites to have.

4. When a new Pro Site is added, clone the default site (remember, all you're cloning is settings, pages, and menus!) to the new site with the same level.

Will that work? Feel free to ask if you have any questions about this! I'm here to help. : )

• twmal

Hi@Michelle Shull,

Thank you for your detailed explanation. Yes! your are right may be the NBT isn’t what I need , the Cloner is easier for me. Is it possible when pro sites is added and will clone automate , I mean i hope all my user created from Prosites and all this will done automated not manually. Is it any idea for this ?

Thanks

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hello twmal! Happy Monday!

Sadly, I don’t know of a way to make this happen. What I can do, however, is put this in the feature request forum after we make sure Cloner is going to work out. I think being able to add menus and pages to ProSites is a great idea, and it would really improve the sites being sold.

Let me know how this works for you. : )

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.