I have done a back of all sights with Snapshot. When I open

Hi I have done a back of all sights with Snapshot.
When I open the zip file there is only one database showing eg. wp_(network db).

Why is only one db showing when I have multiple db in my network.

If I do a back of the whole network I would expect
wp_db1
wp_db2
ect

Why is there only one db showing in zip file?

Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Hudson,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Are you performing a single backup for all the sites? If so, please try doing it other way: create separate backups for main site of your network and separate backups for all the sub-sites. This should work if you're using a plugin (e.g. our Multi-DB plugin) that splits your Multisite WordPress install across more than one databases.

If you're using a standard WP Multisite there's only one database, so there won't be more databases inside .zip file either.

Let me know if it helped!
    Cheers,
    Adam

• account32451

So just to make sure I have this correct.

Snapshot: (multisite)
    1. Does not allow you to save all site at once.
    2. if you save the main blog it does not save any other site on network.
    3. if I want to save individual sites, I have to saving individually, there no other way to save the all together. So they need to be saved individually.
    4. The only way to tell snapshot zip files apart is by directing those files to a NAMED upload folder.
    5 Once the Named Folder is uploaded to dropbox, amozon ect.......There is no way to tell the individual backup folders apart by DATE, you just have to guess which one was the last one backed up.

As there is no date or name to tell them apart.
    snapshot-1431095880-150508-1432000-0055eeab.zip

Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey!

I hope you're well today!

Let me asnwer your questions one-by-one :slight_smile:

Snapshot: (multisite)
    1. Does not allow you to save all site at once.

It does work on a "per blog" basis. You need to select a blog to backup, may it be your main site or one of the sub-sites.

2. if you save the main blog it does not save any other site on network.

No, it doesn't. Snapshot creates an archive of this precise blog that you set it up to archive :slight_smile:

3. if I want to save individual sites, I have to saving individually, there no other way to save the all together. So they need to be saved individually.

Yes. You do create a separate snapshots for sites and those sites are separately archived.

4. The only way to tell snapshot zip files apart is by directing those files to a NAMED upload folder.

That's only true if you're accessing archives from outside the Snapshot plugin. Inside the Snapshot you'll find those archives assigned to the particular snapshots. There'll be a table with date, file name, file size and a link to view logs. When looking for particular archive on your server you may simply take a look at this table and then search for the one selected file.

However, in case of many sub-sites sending snapshots to separate (named accordingly) folders will surely help!

5 Once the Named Folder is uploaded to dropbox, amozon ect.......There is no way to tell the individual backup folders apart by DATE, you just have to guess which one was the last one backed up.

You can check the file name by taking a look at the aforementioned table withing the Snapshot plugin. Each Snapshot might be also assigned an individual ID (please take a look at "Directory (optionaL)" option's description at selected snapshot's edit screen.

I hope that clears up things a bit :slight_smile:

Have a great day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.