I have free memberships on my site, however I do not want

Hello,

I have free memberships on my site, however I do not want users to be able to sign up for them without an invite. How can I set that up?

Thank you!

• Michelle Shull

Hi there, Shane!

Adding invite codes to Protected Content is on the feature list, it's a very popular request! Our other content protection platform, Membership, comes with unlimited invite codes, and we're definitely planning on looking at adding them to Protected Content, as well, although I don't have an ETA on when that might happen.

If it's critical, you could talk to an independent developer about creating an extension for Protected Content to add this in the interim. We've got a Jobs Board that might be perfect for you here. The devs there are all independent, they aren't WPMU DEV employees. https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

I would imagine we're going to see this added, I know I've seen at least a handful of questions every month since Protected Content was released. It's even been discussed in a few staff meetings, so I'm pretty optimistic.

Thanks for your question!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.