I have install the plugin "wordpress chat"

Hello!
I have bought the plug in "wordpress chat" and I have some questions:
- I don´t understand how it works, is there som youtube-movie or something who explain how the Group-chat works? And the one-to-one chat? The pop up-box in the corner-chat, it have disapear from the corner? And when it was visable- it only was a grey area- the text wasn´t visable...
- I have tried to change a lot of things at the settings but nothing happens..
- I have seen the video at youtube (1 minute) but it doesn´t explain how to do...
- Is it possible to change the language to Swedish?

my domain name is "ungvuxen.se"

Thanks a lot!

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @malin1,

How are you doing today?

First of all you can find the usage guide on the plugin project page here.

There are two different ways you can setup this plugin. Both main options have similar settings so I can totally understand how this can be confusing. You can setup bottom corner chat that will be displayed as a popup on all your pages, setting for that one you can find in Chat -> Settings Site.

Alternative to that is adding Chat to page/post content via shortcode. This will simply add the chat to any of the pages you wish. You can find settings for that in Chat -> Settings Page. You can insert the chat shortcode by clicking on the "Insert Chat" icon that is located above the content area, please see screenshot.

Chat is by default a group chat, one-one-one chat can be initiated only from the group chat by chat moderator. To do that you can simply click on the "lock" icon to invite user for a private chat.

Also plugin is translation ready so you should be able to translate it by using plugin translation files. You'll find more info on how to do that here.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

cheers,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again Malin,

Sorry about the link there is a quote for some reason at the end of the link causing it to go to 404 page. I'll paste it again:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-translate-a-wordpress-plugin/

In regards to this being a group chat, plugin is designed to work as a group chat, this means once moderator opens chat users can come and chat all in the same room if that makes sense. Private chat (one on one) can be initiated only from the group chat by chat moderator clicking on the lock icon as I explained, see screenshot. This will open a separate chat between the moderator and that specific user.

You can set which user role will be able to moderate chat by going to Authentication tab in the chat settings page, see screenshot 2.

Aside from the Usage that I mentioned above I'm afraid that we don't have any other how to guides.

Best regards,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.