I have installed

I have installed upfront and upfront builder. I love the fact that you can use the builder and start building a theme from scratch. However, I am really being challanged with some features not working or at least not obvious how it work.
I have used the manual and created new bakery theme from scratch. I have been adding and changing things and it looks great. However, when i test it on the browser, most of the draggable elements are not there. How to create layouts, I have home layout but I dont think it has been saved as a templates. How to create new templates, like custom php templates for the theme. Please help.
Thanks

• Nithin

Hi Francine,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I have been adding and changing things and it looks great. However, when i test it on the browser, most of the draggable elements are not there.

I'm getting a blank page when trying to access your website, could you please revoke, and enable support access, so that we could give a closer look.

How to create layouts, I have home layout but I dont think it has been saved as a templates. How to create new templates, like custom php templates for the theme.

Once you load the builder, you can click the Layouts button, you can select Single Page, and create a custom template according to your layout needs.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. And let us know once you enable support access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Francine

I have revoked then extended the support.
    Please try again. The website is under construction, so you might have to add ip address in the host file to test.
    I can send you this privatly. please send me private email address.
    Regarding the templates, I have been following these steps, however it is not creating those templates. Even when you check in the wordpress admin, in pages, there is no templates to choose from. I need help. This is a great tool and I want it to work.
    Thanks

• Francine

Here is what I found out, saving to the templates works fine, until you edit the page in upfront, and that will end all the editing capability thru the builder/templates. For example homepage template, will not reflect any changes thru the builder, if the same page is edited in upfront. This could be a bug, but that happened on two different themes. Can not even revert it back. Please help. I even deleted the theme and installed again. Same problem. Thanks

• Nithin

Hi Francine,

Regarding the templates, I have been following these steps, however it is not creating those templates. Even when you check in the wordpress admin, in pages, there is no templates to choose from.

I just checked in my test server, and it seems to show the templates created, and I was able to choose the templates for each pages.

Here is what I found out, saving to the templates works fine, until you edit the page in upfront, and that will end all the editing capability thru the builder/templates. For example homepage template, will not reflect any changes thru the builder, if the same page is edited in upfront. This could be a bug, but that happened on two different themes. Can not even revert it back.

You must use Upfront only when you have finished developing your website. Upfront is meant to customize the theme, after the theme is fully developed. I tried to edit the template using Upfront, and I found the changes made through Upfront is present only on that page, I was still able to edit the template through Builder, and the I was able to choose the page templates for each pages too.

Edit: To revert back, you'll have to delete the template file, as the template files gets created in your theme folder, under layouts folder. ie /wp-content/your-theme/layouts/, once done you can create a new template.

The support access is not working at the moment, could you please revoke, and re-enable support access.

Also, when i am uploading photos using builder to add to the background of a region, it tells me "you can't do that" Not sure why.

This seems to work fine too in my system, could you please share a screenshot of this.

Please let us know once you enable support access, so that we could help get this sorted asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Francine

Please test French Bakery theme. This is the one i have built from scratch. No templates created for this one. However, I am now testing customization on scribe and there are some templates to choose from.
    The create template does not really work on the fresh new theme like "French Bakery".
    Also, here is a screen shot of the issue when you upload images thru the builder, as a background.
    Again this is a testing site, so if you can send me private email, I can send you ip to add it to you host, so you can see the results better.
    Also, I am attaching screen shot of the manage layout, really does not have the few added features that you sent me in the screen shot before.
    I can not replicate the issue with the upload photo for background for regions now.

Thanks

• Francine

Theme edit happened again. This is very frustrating to work with. Can you please let me know if this is a bug in the systems. All I did, was editing the theme using builder, then clicked on one of the links, that took me to the upfront. Did not do any edits, clicked off. Now I can not edit the theme in the builder anymore. This can not be by design.
    We are testing your products and trying to use it for our customers, we signed up for the premium membership but it these issue are not resolved, I am afraid we might discontinue the membership due to bugs in the program. So fare, it has been greatly frustrating, spent over 3 days on the same issues. The tools looks great, but there are lots of bugs and limitations. Please advice. We have decision to make either keep on using your tools to develop themes for our customers but look for other options. Thanks

• Nastia

Hello Francine , I trust you are doing well today!

My apologies for late reply.

We are still can't access your site using support login.

I can't replicate the issue you have on my site and I would like to have a closer look at your site. Would you please send to us your credentials?

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select “?*I have a different question*?" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Nastia"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login URL
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant URLs

We are waiting for your email.

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello Francine , I trust you are doing well!

I added your IP address to the hosts file and was able to access your site.

However, when i test it on the browser, most of the draggable elements are not there

I activated the Bakery theme the elements are showing.

Regarding the templates, I have been following these steps, however it is not creating those templates. Even when you check in the wordpress admin, in pages, there is no templates to choose from. I need help.

Builder layout (Templates) is not saving in Pages > All Pages. With Upfront Builder you building a layout for all pages.

You can build the Layout once you open a theme in Upfront Builder. Please see the screenshot bellow:

Once layouts are created and you activate the theme , all the post types will take the form of a specific layout.

The create template does not really work on the fresh new theme like "French Bakery".

I also can't replicate this, I created an archive layout with no issue. Would you please upload a screencast here so we could see up close the issues you have?

Also, when i am uploading photos using builder to add to the background of a region, it tells me "you can't do that" Not sure why.

I can't reproduce this on your site with Upfront Builder. I added a new region and added a theme to a background. Would you please describe here the steps you are taking, one by one so I could reproduce it?

All I did, was editing the theme using builder, then clicked on one of the links, that took me to the upfront. Did not do any edits, clicked off. Now I can not edit the theme in the builder anymore. This can not be by design.

So you opened a Fresh Bakery them in Upfront Builder and couldn't add any elements? I can't replicate that either, once the Builder loaded I was able to add and saved a theme.

See the screencast bellow:
    https://monosnap.com/file/mMzCjaGn9s99j8PrcKiTdHdwBI7SWw

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello Francine , I trust you are doing well today!

Thank you for the attached screenshots. I've downloaded the French Bakery theme and installed it on my installation.

I was able to create the layouts or templates in builder but do not see these options in upfront. Or wordpress pages edits.
    Not sure what I am missing.

I see what you mean. At this time, it is possible to see only Single Page templates. The layout templates only work on individual pages

Once you create a second Single Page in Upfront Builder, the Builder will ask to give it name:

Only this created template you will be able to see and choose, once you open Upfront editor

Also, I have dragged an elements and saved. but this element is not showing up in the upfront or preview.

Once I've activated from Appearance > Themes, the elements inside a region are the same as in the Upfront Builder:

It means that on your site, the template was edited in Upfront edit mode (not Builder), this is why yo do not see these elements added.

I hope this will help! Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nithin

Hi Francine,

I have installed the upfront plugin and themes on its own server now.
    http://builder.simpleweb.com/

I'm afraid the above website is not loading for me, so I wasn't able to check your dashboard through support access.

On the homepage, i am trying to add footer2 global region and that is not showing up when I test the page in another browser.

Did you by any chance use the Upfront Editor simultaneously along with the Upfront Builder? You'll have to make sure to use only Upfront Builder while theme development. Upfront Editor is used to customize the themes for the end users.

In order to see the changes made by the Upfront Builder, you'll have Reset your theme, so that the changes made through the Upfront editor are removed:

Please do note that the Reset Theme button, will erase all the customization made through the Upfront editor, and the changes made through the Builder will be shown.

If this is not the case, please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nastia

Hello Francine , I hope you are doing well today!

I have responded to you via email a few days ago, where you will find answers to your questions. I visited your site again, and you switched it from Issue to Gillie. So I couldn't test the issue you had with the Spirit theme.

Just want to add a note here, if you edited the Spirit theme with Upfront Editor and after added changes to a theme with Upfront Builder, these changes will not be shown on an activated theme.

If you have any other questions or any other issue with Upfront, please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Francine

I am working on the next theme (template) based on the gillie theme.
    I was working on it all day and the homepage is looking good. Now it just stopped updating the preview version when i test it. can you please check out the homepage and tell me why the changes in the builder are not reflecting when I test the actual site.
    Thanks
    builder.simpleweb.com
    You have to ad the ip to your hostfiles. I have sent that you you privatly before.
    Thanks

• Sajid

Hello Francine,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Since its a different issue than the one you already reported in this thread. So please create a new thread for this issue (and each one you get, separately) so we could take a closer look. This will help us manage and track each issue in its own ticket.

Take a very good care of yourself and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.