I have installed

I have installed MarketPress, and loved how easy it was to set up. I've encountered 3 problems that I need to have some help to resolve.
1.When I go into Store Settings: Presentation and click on More information on that here, I get a 403 Error.
2.When I attempt to share a product on social media, the wrong picture comes up. and
3.When a customer tried to buy a product she kept getting error message 10002 security header not valid.
Thank you, Pat

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Pat,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Let me start with the last issue, I hope you don't mind that :slight_smile:

3.When a customer tried to buy a product she kept getting error message 10002 security header not valid.

It is an error that is returned by PayPal. It seems that you are using PayPal gateway to process payments on site but there's an error in configuration: either PayPal (on "Store Settings -> Payments" page) is set to "Sandbox" mode but API credentials used are for "Live" mode or it's set to "Live" while API credentials used there are for "Sandbox". Most likely the latter would be the case.

PayPal requires different set of credentials to be used for "Live" and "Sandbox" modes and if they are mixed, that exact error comes up.

2.When I attempt to share a product on social media, the wrong picture comes up. and

That may be related to the theme as it's a theme that should handle properly OpenGraph (meta:og) meta tags that are used by most of social media platforms. If a theme doesn't support them, they may also be added by some popular SEO plugins or with one of specialized plugins. However, I would like to check that first on your site before jumping into final conclusions.

1.When I go into Store Settings: Presentation and click on More information on that here, I get a 403 Error.

Most likely, the server denies access to the file that the "More information on that here" links to. First step that I would suggest to check would be to check .htaccess file if there are no "Deny all" rule that lists ".txt" file type. If there are none, please navigate (via FTP or cPanel's "File Manager" tool) to the "/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/uk/themes/" folder and check the same there.

As for question #2 above. You may grant me support access by following this guide:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me know after you enable it, please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Pat!

I'm glad you were able to sort the PayPal issue :slight_smile:

As for social sharing. Please give this plugin a try:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/og/

It will add OpenGraph (meta:og) tags to the site and should help with the issue. Please note though that it may take some time for social platforms (such as FB) to "catch up" to this change (they are caching pretty much everything). In case it didn't help, let me know please. Although I wasn't aware of that before, it turned out that this plugin has been developed by one of the developers that currently work with us here so I'll be able to ask him how to "extend" it :slight_smile:

As for the 403 error. I will want to take a closer look. Could you please provide me with cPanel credentials so I could review files of your install? Please do not post them here, instead please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's dashboard and put those credentials (URL, login, password) into the text box in support section. When you save it, that information will not be posted anywhere (it will stay within your site) and I'll be able to make us of it when I access your site.

Let me know here after you are ready with that, please :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Pat Fields Kilgore

Thank you, Predrag,

I tried clearing the cache and using a different browser (chrome, explorer, firefox) instead of Safari. If I share We Are The Children Of The Ballet, I get a different picture, but the correct copy about the product. If I share We Are The Children Of The Ballet, I get my logo and info about something else. Maybe it IS stuck in my FB page which should eventually resolve itself. I did find one product that saved the right picture. :slight_smile: I was also able to pin them correctly to pinterest. As long as they share correctly on clients sites, I'm good.

thanks again,

Pat

thanks again,
    Pat

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Pat!

Could you please try "clearing FB cache" for this products? You can do this by forcing FB to fetch the URL manually by following these steps

1. go to this page: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

2. make sure that "Sharing Debugger" tab is selected
    3. put a full URL of the product page into the "Enter a URL..." field and hit "Debug" button next to it
    4. FB wil return some information on how it "sees" the content or it will say that this URL hasn't been shared before; in first case use the "Scrape Again" button and in second case use "Fetch new information" button.

That should make FB "re-read" the site and use the data freshly fetched from your site instead of using cached data. Give it a try please and let me know if it helped here.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Pat Fields Kilgore

Hi Adam,

I tried running the product page through. The first try said I have 9 warnings that should be fixed and the 2nd listed 10 warnings. I don't even understand what to do with that information. I re-scraped, then tried to share Children Of The Ballet I & II and still got the same results: wrong picture on I and wrong everything on 2. I tried comparing the 2 products in edit mode to see how they were different from others, but I haven't found the difference yet. Thanks for trying to help me. This plugin may just be beyond my skill level, my own operator error somewhere.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello!

On the screenshots I see that you were scrapping the /products page. That's a bit different than "single product" page or e.g. single post as there's no "featured image" at all. Therefore FB would decide "on its own" what image to use there.

On a single pages though the one that should be used would be the one that's currently set as featured (or the first image on site). There's however a different issue here in my opinion. Let me explain :slight_smile:

I have checked your /products/ page and I can see the "We are the Children of The Ballet" products there with a photo assigned. In order to make Facebook read that image right you do not want to debug (scrap) the "/products/" page but you would first need to enter that particular product on your site and "scrap" a full URL of that product page. For "We are the Childer of the Ballet II" product the URL is

http://danceeducationsongs.com/store/products/211/

However, if you enter that URL you will notice that this doesn't show up as expected. There's no product information and photo etc. This suggests that there's something not right with the site and that would have to be addressed first. I checked some other products and they display fine, just these that you cannot process are not showing up right.

That said, I have accessed your site and it seems that it's a matter of product slugs (permalinks) that got "messed up" a bit. I'm not sure why that happened and I suppose it's got something to do with a builder plugin that you are using but don't take my word as granted for that. I have updated slug for "we are the children of the ballet II" product and it's now showing fine under this URL:

http://danceeducationsongs.com/store/products/we-are-the-children-of-the-ballet-ii/

Please note the difference in URLs: the one that I posted earlier and this one above. You know should be able to use this URL (the last one, right above) in FB debugger (to scrap it) and it should update fine.

As for the warnings that you see there. I think you may ignore them as they are related to Twitter Cards (a kind of OpenGraph implementation for Twitter) and Facebook just don't support them.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.