I have installed Chat on the above site, and I can see

I have installed Chat on the above site, and I can see the link at the bottom of the page presented to users. However, when I click on it no chat window opens...

Any idea why?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @chris_falck

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I have just visited your site and can't see the bottom corner chat button, could you link me to the page it is on please?

This is most likely a javascript/jQuery issue, but I'll need to see the page :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• chris_falck
    • New Recruit

Hi,
    This issue seems to have been a conflict with another plugin. I've disabled some of the plugins and have got chat working. However, it is very slow response. When I type in a message the response is slow. Is this what is expected?
    I think that the issues may have been caused by W3 Total Cache, but as yet I am unclear. I will do some more testing to try to establish what is causing the issue.

Thanks

Chris

• chris_falck
    • New Recruit

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the response.

The response times are anything from 30 seconds to 45 seconds. This is from entering something into chat and it appearing in the box above.
    Not sure what is causing the delayed action? Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks for your help

Chris

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Chris,

I hope you are well today.

That is quite a delay in the entering the text to it appearing on the chat screen.

What sort of hosting do you have? And who is your host? Do you know what your PHP memory limit is? No worries if you don't :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.