I have installed the dashboard into an existing single site and logged in.

I have been reading the manual and I don't seem to be able to find the wp-config.php file. I extracted the dashboard folder I downloaded and looked and I looked in the install on Bluehost. Where should it be?
Nor have I been asked to decide whether to set things up as subdomains or subfolders.
I'm not a rank beginner and follow directions well but I really seem to be missing something.

• Tyler Postle

Hey MoLoSo,

Hope you're doing well this weekend!

I extracted the dashboard folder I downloaded and looked and I looked in the install on Bluehost. Where should it be?

The wp-config.php file should be in your root WordPress folder. Whichever folder your WordPress installation was installed in :slight_smile:

Nor have I been asked to decide whether to set things up as subdomains or subfolders.

For a multisite? Really comes down to personal preference. There isn't much of a difference beside the structure of the url.

Personally I prefer the format of the subdomain installations.

With that said, subdirectory installations have their benefits too, it is easier to setup SSL on because you can just buy a basic one and it will apply for all your sites :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have any further questions here MoLoSo!

Have a great rest of your weekend.

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. With the dashboard installation, you don't need to edit the wp-config.php - the defines you see on the usage guide are only if you want to set it for multiple admin users or lock it to one. By default it will lock to whichever user you install/activate it with.

• MoLoSo

Thanks Tyler but I'm no further ahead. OK perhaps I don't have the right things. I installed \357503_wpmu-dev-dashboard-3.4.9.zip to my wordpress site.
    I cannot find a file named wp-config.php in either my download or in the folders in my cpanel. I have looked in all the related wp files which are in the public_html folder. Should I be looking somewhere else?
    The whole point of the subfolders or subdirectories is that I don't seem to be able to find where I can make an option.

• Tyler Postle

Hey MoLoSo,

If your WP install is installed in the public_html, which is most common, then it should be in there.

Glad you have managed to get it sorted :slight_smile:

The whole point of the subfolders or subdirectories is that I don't seem to be able to find where I can make an option.

I can see you have a multisite now so it does look like it's all good now.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance here.

More than happy to help :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.