I have installed the google maps plugin. Now I would like

Hi,

I have installed the google maps plugin. Now I would like to do the following:

1. Include a map for every directory listing with the location of the listing marked on the map.
2. Show a map on the search results page which will show all the results shown marked on the map.
3. Can I geotag listing such that it can be integrated with "Global Site Search" for proximity search going forward?
4. Also I see that lat and long data can be mapped. Can you confirm if this is fully functional?

Thanks and Regards,
Alagiri

• dialmint

Hi Ash,

Thank you for your quick response? How are you? Good to see you today.

1. I would like to show a map on every listing details page with the location of the listing marked using the lat and long that i already have.

For 2 and 3 is there a way that i can combine this with another plugin in order to achieve this or do you guys have plans to include these options into Google Maps in the future?

Thanks and Regards,
    Alagiri

• Sumit Kumar

Hi there @alagiri_rajesh,
    Hope you don't mind me responding in behave of Ash. Yeah, of-course he is fine. Thanks for asking him :wink:

In regards to your queries;

1. I would like to show a map on every listing details page with the location of the listing marked using the lat and long that i already have.

If I'm getting you properly here, then you need to activate one of its add-on (shown in screenshot) and then place the shortcode in your single.php file. But for that, you need to write down the dynamic lat-lang or location address for each post. Else, you manually need to insert map shortcode in each post edit page :slight_smile:

For 2 and 3 is there a way that i can combine this with another plugin in order to achieve this or do you guys have plans to include these options into Google Maps in the future?

Well, map on search pages is really out of the scope for this version of the plugin. I'm not sure for any plugin, that could integrate with this to show results with map. But I'll note this down as a featured requests for our next updates :slight_smile:
    For geo-tag, I can see there's two options in add-ons for that (screenshot attached). I hope the thing you are looking with it, can be achieved by activating them.

Thanks for your queries there. Hope it was helpful!

Regards, Sumit

• dialmint

Hi @Sumit Kumar,

I had mentioned @Ashok as he had previously responded to my query. And by the way how are you?

1. If required in the current structure of the database I have the address data on separate columns i.e. Door number, Apt/Building Name, Locality, City, State, Country, Pincode, Lat and Long. I can import it in the same structure into the wordpress database. Can you let me know how do I go about getting this implemented.
    2&3. Can you suggest the modification that is required to achieve this? Basically I would like to achieve something like on this link

Thanks and Regards,
    Alagiri

• Ash

Hello @alagiri_rajesh

I hope you are well today.

To automatic integrate google map, it doesn't matter what is the column name. Also, it won't work in that way, as listings are custom post type and the lat-lang values need to be custom fields.

You need to have a custom field, what you can create from CustomPress menu. Then you need to get the ID of that field. To get ID, please right click on the text box, select inspect element in chrome browser and get the ID.

And then, go to Settings > Google Maps > Custom Fields > and give those IDs in lat-lang fields.

Please check screenshots.

About the 2 & 3, this will be little complicated. I will recommend to post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ Please note that, no WPMU official staffs are allowed to work in the job board.

Cheers
    Ash