I have issues since uninstalling this plugin.

Ok so i had multi domains setup and all was working great. However i decided to split my site into 3 multisites instead of 1 multisite with the choice of multiple domains.

Therefore i went into the admin panel and deleted the 3 domains i had added on setup so that no data gets left behind.

I then retraced my steps from what i did to install in the first place and replaced the sunrise with the domain mapping one which was overwritten on install of multi domain (i am using that plugin too).

Since then though i have a very serious problem. When i try to register a new site it only registers the sub domain and doesnt apend the main domain on the end.

This is despite everything showing find on the register page.

I can only assume the issue is with multi domains and that some data has been left behind.

Please can someone help with this as its very urgent.

I have enclosed a screenshot to see what i mean.

Thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ashley Keable,

I am sorry to hear that you are having such a tough time with this one and I have no idea what to suggest to do about this since I have never attempted it and I do not know the coding intimately enough to offer educated advice.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ashley Keable,

Thank you for touching base here and I have indeed flagged the lead developer to take a peak at this ticket and give us his input.

This can indeed take longer then a normal ticket and if code hunting it is possible to take weeks, though this is certainly not the case with this ticket.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers, Joe

• Ashley Keable
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@aecnu

Thanks for the help so far however i have decided to start from scratch with a fresh install and load everything back in such as plugins, themes and wordpress exports etc.

Only took me 2 hours and i now have a fresh install and all working fine. Didnt just do this because of the plugin your problem caused. I also had lots of data left behind from the endless plugins i have installed and uninstalled over the last 6 months.

Website fully working and is working faster than previously.

You may want to look into this issue still as im sure i wont be the only person this has happened too.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ashley Keable,

Thank you for letting me know and I am happy to hear that you got this issue resolved.

In this case you had uninstalled a plugin that is very invasive to the host changing many items.

Before installing/uninstalling any major plugin one should make a full backup of both the database and the site itself so when things hits the fan it can be restored quickly but safely.

The time spent backing up is quickly regained from not spending days beating ones head against the wall trying to figure out what went wrong.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.