I have just downloaded the chat plugin. Im new to this so

Hi,
I have just downloaded the chat plugin. Im new to this so excuse my ignorance. I firstly thought that this would link directly to my wordpress site Ive set up, however I dont see how I can do that? Secondly, when I download the 'Chat' plugin, im unable to it to open as it is filled with pages of code. Am I just to open it in sublime text?

Thanks,
Andrew.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Andrew McSparran, welcome to the WPMU DEV Community, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

I firstly thought that this would link directly to my wordpress site Ive set up, however I dont see how I can do that?

Not sure that I quite understand what you mean by "link directly to my wordpress site Ive set up", could you clarify what you mean here?

Secondly, when I download the 'Chat' plugin, im unable to it to open as it is filled with pages of code. Am I just to open it in sublime text?

Assuming that this isn't a WordPress.com hosted site, and that this is a WordPress site you've set up on your own hosting (known as a self-hosted WordPress site), then you can install the plugin on your site by using one of the methods laid out over here:

Installing WordPress Plugins

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.