Courses Pro some problem.

HI!

I have make a brand new wordpress installation. To avoid dragging the old problems.
I just installed the plugins that are used to make the courses.
I imported the old course, but it is not fully visible.

When you first start even the short code worked, then after the usual procedures - Permalink - configuration procedure of the summary of the course, they started working.
But the units are not visible. And there are also errors of design visualization.

One of the units is a completely blank page.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @ifurlo, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

I just installed the plugins that are used to make the courses.

Aside from CoursePress Pro being installed, what other plugins were installed? Or did you mean to say that CoursePress Pro was the only plugin installed here?

I imported the old course, but it is not fully visible.

When you first start even the short code worked, then after the usual procedures - Permalink - configuration procedure of the summary of the course, they started working.
    But the units are not visible. And there are also errors of design visualization.

One of the units is a completely blank page.

In regards to the errors with the design, could you elaborate on that, and enable Support Access to your site, so that I can have a closer look?

Also, in regards to the units not being visible, could you try inserting the no-white-screen.php file inside the attached .zip into:

wp-content/mu-plugins

(if that directory doesn't exist already, please create it)

And then set WP_DEBUG to true inside your wp-config.php, and sharing what comes up here?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @ifurlo,

I'm seeing an invalid access token error when I try logging in via the Support Access, but since you said you've been working on this for a long time already, why don't we make the troubleshooting a bit quicker here? :slight_smile:

Could you please send in the following:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @ifurlo, my apologies for the extreme delay here!

I was able to get the courses to show up on your site by first unpublishing them, saving, and then republishing them.

As for the issue regarding the modules inside the units themselves, I noticed that this only affects existing units, it doesn't seem to do this for new units created.

How did you import the old courses before? I'm not seeing this come up in my testing so far, and it'd help if I had a bit more detail here, so I can replicate this better. :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

• ifurlo

Hi Michael,
    I did a test and it seems to work well for the new courses.
    Today I also did the upgrade, there are always problems to design the page with the units of the course in front end. In particular where there are percentages.

I deleted and old courses and when I did came out this:

Notice: Undefined variable: post/home/XXX/public_html/guide/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/includes/classes/class.course.unit.module.php on line 289

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in/home/XXX/public_html/guide/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/includes/classes/class.course.unit.module.php on line 289

Notice: Undefined variable: post/home/XXX/public_html/guide/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/includes/classes/class.course.unit.module.php on line 289

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in/home/XXX/public_html/guide/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/includes/classes/class.course.unit.module.php on line 289

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in/home/ifurlo40/public_html/guide/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/includes/classes/class.course.unit.module.php on line 289

I hope I can be of help to you.

The courses I have imported using the normal wordpress importer.
    As I've written in the past I suggest you create an import / export directly from the plugin.

Now that the courses work well I will not need to use the import (unless something bad happens to the installation of General wp).

Best,
    Davide

• Michael Bissett

Hey @ifurlo,

There is a problem with the translation, I guess.

After activating the Italian language in the backend, the two courses that were in draft and have never been published, were both released without the possibility to restore them as drafts.

While I'm able to see this take place on your site, I'm not able to replicate on my test site (both with a newly imported course, as well as a newly created course that had yet to be published). :disappointed:

I wasn't able to dig into this further via FTP, seems like the password's changed in the meantime. Could you check that for me please, and send in the correct password via email?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• ifurlo

Hi Michael,

yesterday i have send the new password via email.

Well, today i want open the site.
    "I am forced" or else risk losing too much time and I can not afford further delays.
    Therefore, I think now I'll put the site in Italian. When I have to work on a new course will put the English language to maintain the new course off-line and be able to work with the draft.

If the problem of the translation will be arranged, well, if not, I work in this mode.

Keep me informed of new developments.
    Thanks.

Regards,
    Davide

• Michael Bissett

Hey @ifurlo,

I can see that the Italian translations aren't being applied here, but even with the FTP password you sent in yesterday, I'm still not able to get access via FTP. :disappointed:

Could you check the password sent there, and see if you can log in with it on your end please? Or if you'd rather, could you please send in the cPanel details for your site via email, so that I can have a look at this that way?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @ifurlo,

After doing some further digging into this, I noticed that in addition to having the .po & .mo files inside of:

wp-content/languages/plugins

You were also applying translations via the Codestyling Localization plugin. After deleting the translations applied by that plugin, I was able to get the whole site to show up in Italian again (I noticed that before, the enrollment confirmation message showed up in English).

Now, as for this earlier point:

There is a problem with the translation, I guess.
    After activating the Italian language in the backend, the two courses that were in draft and have never been published, were both released without the possibility to restore them as drafts.

I did notice that you have the WP Optimize plugin installed, which makes me wonder... did this issue show up after using that plugin?

I should note though that the courses aren't actually published, as attempting to visit a "published" course (I say that with quotes, due to the course only looking like it's published from the Dashboard) gives a Page Not Found error.

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.