I have no idea if I have everything set up correctly images still wrong

I am using the trial of this to see if I can get my website running currently is is running horribly, taking forever to load. I know I'm still having issues with the images but even after upgrading to everything you have to offer it is still telling me I have issues. Not sure as a newby if I have all your settings configured correctly or not.

HELP!!!

• Bamboo Kit
    • Staff

Hello, Sherry

I hope you’re well today and thank you for reaching out to us.

I would love to help you fix this issue that you're facing, however, could you please give me more details about what you've said:

"I know I'm still having issues with the images but even after upgrading to everything you have to offer it is still telling me I have issues."

What did you do so far with the images, please explain this part a bit further, also please grant the support access so that I can give a closer look into your setting, in order to do that you can follow these steps below.

1. Log in to the WordPress Admin Panel for your site (go to the Network Admin dashboard if on Multisite), and then navigate to the “Support” page from the WPMU DEV menu item (WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access)

2. Click the “Grant Support Access” button in the Support Access panel.
    For more information about Granting Support Access please read this guideline: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Here is a screenshot where you can grant the support access

After you have granted the access, please inform me in this ticket thank you.

Hope this help, thank you.

Kind regards,
    Bamboo

• Sherry
    • New Recruit

Okay I have done as you requested and allowed support access. I have gone thru and uploaded every plugin it told me to and activated them. When I ran the test on my site I got like a 10/100 which I am assuming is not good. It keeps telling me there are images that it could not smush for some reason.

Need LOTS of help with this!

• Bamboo Kit
    • Staff

Hello, Sherry

Thank you for the reply.

I've taken a closer look into your issue and found that the problem seem to be with Smush plugin, I believe that there are some files missing when you download it because it keeps telling you to upgrade to Pro version. Nevertheless, in order to fix this issue, I would recommend you to deactivate Smush Pro plugin and delete it, after that please download Smush Pro again by navigating to WPMU DEV -> Plugins after that please perform bulk Smush again then test the score in Hummingbird dashboard and see if this still happen, if it still happen please let me know.

Here is a screenshot where you can download Smush Pro via WPMU DEV dashboard

Thank you, keep me updated.

Kind regards,
    Bamboo

• Bamboo Kit
    • Staff

Hello, Sherry

My colleague has managed to fix the Smush Pro version is not being recognized, now you can fully access the Pro version as it should be, in order to use Smush effectively I would suggest you to enable the "Super-Smush" option which can optimize images up to 2x more than regular smush with multi-pass lossy compression.

Here is a screenshot where you can enable Super-Smush.

Moreover, I would suggest you to use our CDN and Lazyload options too, these will reduce load times on your server and speeds up the page load time.

Here is a screenshot where you can enable CDN and Lazyload.

After you've enabled these options that I've suggested, please try to perform a bulk Smush again, then run a test in Hummingbird Pro. I believe it will show a better result :slight_smile:

Hope this helps, thank you.

Kind regards,
    Bamboo

• Sherry
    • New Recruit

I activated the CDN and Lazyload and redid the Smush and reran the test and it is STILL showing image issues. Not sure what to do at this point. I turned on every aspect of the Smush, not sure if that is what I should have done.

Now, what can I do to fix the issue? Why are the images not optimizing? I am still having issues making a copy of my site thru Duplicator Pro so I can have a backup before I update my Theme.

I know that thru your service the site is supposed to be backed up but I'm not sure how to confirm that has been done or how to access my site in the event I needed too.

More help please.

• Bamboo Kit
    • Staff

Hello, Sherry

Hope you're well today and thank you for the reply.

I have to agree with you about the score in Hummingbird Pro is not related to the Smush Pro since those images have already been smushed, it should not show the notification in Hummingbird again, in this case seem like this has to be escalated to our developer team to take a further investigation, before doing that I would like to gather much information as I could in your cPanel debug.log or error.log then see if they have anything with this issue.

Please follow these steps below.
    1) Edit your wp-config.php and replace: define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

to

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

2) After re-upload the file to the server, please go to the homepage of the site and do an hard refresh (ctrl + f5 in Windows) to force WordPress to generate a log file

3) WordPress should have generated a file called "debug.log", inside the "wp-content"

For more information about WP_DEBUG please visit: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/debugging-wordpress-how-to-use-wp_debug/
    After you turn on debug log, please try to run a test on Hummingbird Performance Test again, then head back to you cPanel wp-content and provide me the debug.log file so that I can check what the error was.

Second, could you please provide me the FTP or cPanel login details:
    Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:
    NOTE: Don't change selected topic in the dropdown, just leave it at "I have a different question".

Subject: "Attn: Bamboo Kit"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)

About the question of backing up your site, we have a plugin call Snapshot Pro which can help you backup your site and restore it anytime, in order to use this feature, please activate Snapshot Pro from your dashboard and run a full site back up from there, for further information please visit: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/#wpmud-hg-project-documentation

Here is a screenshot where you can activate Snapshot Pro.

Hope this helps, keep me updated.

Kind regards,
    Bamboo

• Sherry
    • New Recruit

I'm sorry but if this is supposed to sound like a simple set of steps to follow, for me, they are not. I have no idea without help how to do what you have just asked of me.

Unless you have instructional video or step by step instructions for me to follow. I am lost. Is there some way that someone who knows what they are doing can do this for me?

Need more help!

Sherry

• Bamboo Kit
    • Staff

Hello, Sherry

Hope you are well today.

I would love to help you solve this issue, in order to do that I need to gather as much information as I could. So please provide me the FTP or cPanel login details, after that I'll handle the rest for you, no need to worry :slight_smile:

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:
    Note: Don't change selected topic in the dropdown, just leave it at "I have a different question".

Subject: "Attn: Bamboo Kit"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Bamboo

• Bamboo Kit
    • Staff

Hello, Sherry

Good news, I found the culprit and it's your sever cache that make Hummingbird score doesn't relate to Smush Pro, in order to fix this you can navigate to the admin bar (on top) -> Managed Wordpress -> Flush Cache. However, now I've already flush all the server cache for you and the Hummingbird score show 83/100 as it should be. I also run a few speed test for you and it seem like you site performance is better.

Here is a screenshot where you can flush server cache.

Here is a screenshot of Hummingbird score.

Here is a screenshot of Google PageSpeed score.

Here is a screenshot of GTmetrix score.

Hope this helps, thank you :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
    Bamboo

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.