I have noticed no plugins will update in my two multisite

Hi,

I have noticed no plugins will update in my two multisite installation. They are just spinning and saying updating but nothing happens…

How to fix it…

• Easymarketway
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I have figured it out.

It is for all plugins.

I can not update a plugin from the installed plugin page..

But if I access dashboard-updates I can update plugins…

Really strange, and just been a problem that happen within the last 2 weeks.

It is only in multisite this is a problem (had 2 multisite network with this problem…

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Easymarketway,

That could be plugin conflict. You can run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart).

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

You can also try debugging WordPress. To enable debug mode, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Then you can try update from plugins list and check what is sitting in the debug.log

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.