I have portfolio

Hi,

I have portfolio with my client. How make masking url link? How to hide the link before Google not to crawl?

best regads

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Krystian,

Thanks for asking. I’m afraid, I’m not clear about the requirement. You said you have a portfolio with your client, can you please confirm if the portfolio is on any website? If yes, is that a multisite and your portfolio is on a subsite? Then you can use our Domain Mapping plugin to map a custom domain to that subsite.

Or if your portfolio is on a simple site and you want to show the content of that site under another domain, you can simply use the HTML “iframe” tag. To know how to do this, you can check this tutorial: https://www.siteground.com/kb/simple_domain_name_masking/

To discourage google from indexing your source domain, you should create a file named “robots.txt” and add the following code in that file and save:

User-Agent: *
    Disallow: /

And then put this “robots.txt” file in the root directory of your domain which you want to hide from Google.

I believe, these will help. Please let us know if I missed anything. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.