I have set up the appointment+ plugin Would like to be able

I have set up the appointment+ plugin
Would like to be able to assign user role access (activated it from the addons tab) not sure about what the follwing will enable if you can explain it:
*Staff view options
*Dashboard widget
I have enabled it for editors and login as editor to see what it does but I can not see any difference.

Also
Is there a way to limit access to the settings relative to the each provider - say provider 1 can not see or make changes to provider 2
Look forward to your answers

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @CosmicHeartBeat, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

not sure about what the follwing will enable if you can explain it:
    *Staff view options
    *Dashboard widget
    I have enabled it for editors and login as editor to see what it does but I can not see any difference.

I'm not seeing any difference when I enable that for any user role, not sure why presently.

I've asked the developer to chime in here, so he can provide his insight on the matter. :slight_smile:

(I should note that developers have more on their plate than us support guys do, so this ticket may take longer than usual)

Also
    Is there a way to limit access to the settings relative to the each provider - say provider 1 can not see or make changes to provider 2
    Look forward to your answers

If you're referring to the "Settings page" permission, then the answer would be no.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Michael

• CosmicHeartBeat
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

1. Ok Will wait to hear what they say...

2. MMMM.... I think this is an important feature/issue to be considered for future version/updates.

I would consider it to be basic requirement - to segregate the access of service providers' settings. So that each have access ONLY to their own diary setting, working hr appointments list etc.

I can see how the current state would be a real problem in some cases!
    Providers have access to each others' client list etc ... this could be an open door to abuse.

3. Another way to deal with that might be to allow it to be controlled by another plugin like User Role Editor - At this point it does not recognise Appointments + at all....

• CosmicHeartBeat

Hi there
    I just realised how to control the access of providers to their own info
    It is done through an option in the general setting

* Allow service provider set working hours - Whether you let service providers to set their working/break hours, exceptional days using their profile page or their navigation tab in BuddyPress.

* Allow service provider confirm own appointments - Whether you let service providers to confirm pending appointments assigned to them using their profile page.

Just in case others are encountering and wondering about the same issue :slight_smile:

• CosmicHeartBeat

One more thing...

Although each provider is able to view their bookings within their profile they can not modify the booked appointment from there.

Which brings us back to the use of the 'add on' mentioned above and all the issues that can arise from not being able to limit each provider only to their own appointment sets.

If we give providers access to appointment page, they can see and modify all providers appointments. The possibility/probability of mishaps is high and risky.

Any suggestion on how to work it out would be much appreciated

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @CosmicHeartBeat,

This is something that would require some custom coding I'm afraid, but least it is possible to do what you're wanting, given this previous discussion:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/restrict-service-providers-from-removing-or-deleting-appointments#post-595341

I would recommend posting a job for this on our Jobs Board, and having someone cook up a solution for you:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @CosmicHeartBeat,

There isn't a way to drop him a line here, but you could try searching in Google for the username, and digging him up that way.

I see that there's a Brasco Design + Marketing in the search results, you may wish to have a look there.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.