I have setup a multi-site network where I'm going to add

I have setup a multi-site network where I'm going to add clients to. I've installed the pro-site and your domain mapping plugins and I am at the point where I'm trying to map a domain purchased on godaddy to my VPS which isn't with godaddy.

I am also hosting myself the the sites with WHM/Cpanel root admin access, therefore I could make DNS changes myself but none of what I tried so far seems to work. For instance...

1) I have bought a domain which I pointed to my WHM servers (ns1.mannydesigns.co/ns2.mannydesigns.co)
2) Then created an account on WHM for the said domain: 6ten.co
3) Then tried to map the domain to a sub-site I've created on mannydesigns.com's network (6ten.mannydesigns.com is the current domain which I'm trying to map 6ten.co to).

Followed your ultimate guide but quite frankly a bit confused and not able to make it work.

• Jude

Howdy Manny

1) Does the domain resolve to the right IP ( your VPS ) when you use a tool like
    http://www.dnsqueries.com/en/dns_lookup.php

2) Make sure you add this new domain as an addon domain in your cPanel and point it to the root of the same folder as your WP install.

3) Make sure the subdomain works fine standalone ( without domain mapping ) and then map the domain and check again

Let me know how this goes ... I'll advice further

Cheers
    Jude

• Patricia BT

In order to achieve what Jude writes above

2) Make sure you add this new domain as an addon domain in your cPanel and point it to the root of the same folder as your WP install.

you need to NOT create an account for this domain in WHM, as this create a totally new account than your main site...
    if creating a new account, serverwise it would go to home/6ten/public_html (which is not correct)
    instead of /home/mannydesign/public_html (which is the correct place)
    (I guess the path as per your name, of course adapt :wink: )

now you also must add 6ten.co as an addon domain, in the main mannydesign account, under addon domains, pointing to /public_html (and not to /public_html/6tenco as cPanel propose first)

hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.