FUNDRAISING PLUGIN: paypal payment gateway problem

I have set up crowdfunding page in advance mode, when i select reward to try to make payment it checks out to a blank page. But in simple donation mode it checks out to paypal alright. I need you help and advice.

Thanks

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Nana Kwesi Baisel

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I have set up crowdfunding page in advance mode, when i select reward to try to make payment it checks out to a blank page

It's pretty tough to say why this is happening without seeing the current configuration and environment. I could tell you better about this if I could see the issue live, see your current advanced configurations and make some tests on your site regarding this.

Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nana Kwesi Baisel
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Rupok,
    I just grant support access via dashboard and will be grateful for your help in resolving this issue. Also if you can help with the following css code
    1. Space between choose an amount and back this project
    2. how to make choose an amount wide to inline with back this project
    3. changing text color of $ amount
    4. space between backer and RAISED OF A $30,000.00 GOAL
    5. how to delete panel below content

Thanks and appreciate your help.

Nana

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Nana

I hope you are doing good.

For the customization, would you please create a separate thread? We recommend to create separate thread for separate issue that helps us to provide better support :slight_smile:

About the advanced crowdfunding issue, would you please run a plugin conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except this one and check if you still face the problem. If not, then enable one by one and check which one is causing the problem. You can see the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/ (please start with enabling default theme, I think this is a conflict with theme)

Please let me know what you get.

Cheers
    Ash

• Nana Kwesi Baisel

Hello Ash,

I hope you are doing well too.

I deactivated all plugins with exception of fundraising and tested to see if page will show up with pledge forms but it came up as blank blog page. I again activated all the plugin and Reverting to the default theme and tested again in this case the pledge page came alright. Meaning fundraising plugin has conflict with my theme. I have attach snap shot of both test instances.
    Please advice.

Thank you

Nana

• Nana Kwesi Baisel

Hello Ash,

I hope you are doing well too.

I deactivated all plugins with exception of fundraising and tested to see if page will show up with pledge forms but it came up as blank blog page. I again activated all the plugin and Reverting to the default theme and tested again in this case the pledge page came alright. Meaning fundraising plugin has conflict with my theme. I have attach snap shot of both test instances.
    Please advice.

Thank you

Nana

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Nana,

Because this is paid theme and we don't have access to it for testing purposes could you enable WordPress debug mode so we could have a look what is causing this issue? I can't promise that we can fix theme, but results form the debuging can be also send to the theme developer (this is paid theme, so you have also support form theme author) as he knows the best how to fix it.

To enable debug mode, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it. I would need then to see contents of the debug.log file - so please paste it to the text file and attach to post.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nana Kwesi Baisel

Hello Kasia,

I hope you are doing well,

I understand what you are saying concerning my theme been a paid theme, if you would help me know what the problem his then i will contact my theme support for further action, i also enable debug and hopefully i will hear a good new.

Thanks

Regards

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Nana,

Please attach debug.log generated after you see that blank page in Fundrasing - with support access I'm not able to check the debug log (only with FTP access I can do that).
    You can copy contents of debug.log into the txt file or use service like dropbox to show it to us.
    Then we can tell more what is wrong.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nana Kwesi Baisel

Hi Kasia,

How are you doing today?

I actually did open a ticket with theme support and they have resolved the problem. Now the pledge page is visible to fill in donor's information to submit to paypal to finish the transaction.
    I'm actually having problem with paypal with this error message " Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home1/documen1/public_html/precedencehomehealthcare.com/wp-content/plugins/fundraising/lib/gateways/paypal.php on line 224".
    link to the site http://precedencehomehealthcare.com/fundraising-campaign/

Please, need your help.

Thanks

Nana

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.