I have several questions related to this plugin and how its

I have several questions related to this plugin and how its going to work on my site.
The main thing is the website really won't have any password protected pages. I just need the Membership plugin to be used for signing up and Membership payments. There is a another site that I will have to manually add them to. Its a Windows based site with database.

So, this site is the marketing side. The client wants to give those who signup a 30 day free trial. After 30 days, I see where it will send them an email reminding them to go back to site and purchase. Is it possible to get the credit card info on initial signup? I know how to set the subscription to renew after a certain number of days.

On this note, what is the best paypal account to use for this application?

If you look on the Home page, http://www.modernquote.com/ down on bottom left it says Sign Up Now. When I am in the Membership admin section under Options > Membership Pages it has my Registration page set to Register. But that just looks like the Account page. I want this to be where someone just enters their name, email, username and password. But if they do the 30 day free trial, and I want to get their payment first, can this be done?

I am just a little confused about this process. thanks.

• Patrick

Hi there @j_arendall

I hope you had a great weekend!

If you are trying to view the page you have set for registration while logged into your site, that is what is you will see.

Also, I just tried to visit your site and get redirected to your protected content page. It looks like you haven't yet set up (or activated) any access levels, or haven't yet set that at the first option under the General tab in Membership > Options.

But to answer your question, yes you can capture credit card details as the subscription is set up, But payment will only be taken after the free trial. You can set it up as follows:

- Create 2 access levels; 1 is for your free trial, and the other for the paid access.
    - Create a subscription plan and drag the 1st access level into it as the starting point. Set that access level to Finite with a duration of 30 days, and a $0.00 price tag.
    - Drag the 2nd access level under the 1st one, and set that to Serial for 30 days at whatever price you want to bill the member.
    - Save the plan and, when the screen refreshes, be sure the subscription is set to Public and Active.
    - Configure the PayPal Standard gateway with your API details, and be sure it is active.

Now when your users click the subscription button on your site, they'll fill out your registration form with their username, password, etc and be redirected to PayPal to set up their subscription where their CC info will be captured for future payments.

If they don't already have a PayPal account, they can select the option to pay with their credit card and, as they enter their info, a PayPal account will be created for them. This is a necessary step as PayPal handles all the recurring billing.

Please do let us know if this helps, and don't hesitate to post again if you need to. :slight_smile:

• j_arendall

Patrick- thanks for your prompt response.
    I created 2 access levels.
    I ran through the process of signing up for the Free 30 day trial. A few issues/questions relating to that...
    ----When I sign up on the signup/register page it quirks out a bit and wont let me "register my account" when i click that button. I finally got it, but something is odd with it. Please look at it.
    ---- Under Membership Communication, I created email to send immediately after signup and its activated. However, I did not get it. Is that because I do not have PayPal setup yet? I did get the email with the username and password. So will someone be getting 2 emails after signing up? I assume so, as the username and password email are produced from WordPress and the Membership Communication is through your plugin. If this is the cased, how can I edit the information sent on the WordPress email with username, password and Link?
    --- Instead of having 2 membership packages on the Signup page (Free and Paid), can I just have the free one show up there? Is there really a need to show both of them on that page? Then when the 30 days are up it will charge them the money?
    --- Once someone has signed up for free membership, does the black bar at top with the wordpress logo and username/logout info have to be visible? As I mentioned earlier, there is really no password protected pages on this site. THis is going to act strictly as a payment and membership site.
    thanks

• Patrick

Hi again @j_arendall

I hope you're having a great day!

I just logged into your site to see if I can help figure out what the problems are, but I see that you deactivated the Membership plugin. So it's a bit difficult to help debug your setup with no setup to see. :slight_smile:

Can we reactivate that please?

If you simply want to edit the new user email sent by WordPress, there are a couple of plugins that can help you there. For example:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/welcome-email-editor/screenshots/

And here's a little walkthrough on setting that up:
    http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-send-a-custom-welcome-email-to-new-users-in-wordpress/

• Patrick

Whoops, forgot the adminbar question. :slight_smile:

You can hide that for all users except the admin by adding the following snippet of code to your theme's functions.php file:

//Remove adminbar for all but admins
    	add_action('after_setup_theme', 'remove_admin_bar');
    	function remove_admin_bar() {
    	if (!current_user_can('manage_themes')) {
    	show_admin_bar(false);
    	}
    	}

The code simply checks that the user has the manage_themes capability (only admins have that) and hides the bar for all but admins.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.