I have Slide-in working on www.tradereform.org and it works

I have Slide-in working on http://www.tradereform.org and it works fine. However, when active, it causes an error in the RSS feed so that no items display.

I ran a validate on http://www.tradereform.org/feed at w3.org, and here is the error message:

line 154, column 1: Undefined channel element: div [help]
<div id="wdsi-slide_in" style="display:none;" class="wdsi-slide wdsi-slide ...
^

line 168, column 238: XML parsing error: <unknown>:168:238: not well-formed (invalid token) [help]

... ss="validate" target="_blank" novalidate>

With Slide-in deactivated, RSS works. With activated, the error is always there.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Patrick

I hope you are well today.

Could you reactivate the Slide-in plugin please so I can see the error live?

While visiting your site, I noticed another problem, the social share box at the side (please see attached picture), are you having this problem?

thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Patrick
    • Flash Drive

Jack - the Slide In plugin still corrupts the RSS feed. I think this was referred to the developer, but I have heard nothing since, nor have I seen an update to the code come through. So yes, further assistance is still needed. We really like the plugin and want to see it successfully deployed.

• Patrick
    • Flash Drive

Necessary info: The particular slide in record is a widget that contains code for a Mailchimp widget. This code has been tested as a widget and works ok on its own. However, it occurred to me that there could be a conflict in css or a variable name, so here is the code being used:

###########
    <!-- Begin MailChimp Signup Form -->
    <link target="_blank" href="http://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/embedcode/classic-081711.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <style type="text/css">
    #mc_embed_signup{background:#fff; clear:left; font:14px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; width:250px;}
    #mc_embed_signup li {margin-left:15px !important;}
    #mc_embed_signup li label {margin-left:8px !important;}
    #mc_embed_signup label{font-size:14px;padding-bottom:8px;}
    </style>
    <div id="mc_embed_signup">
    <form action="http://tradereform.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=dfabd87b5d269a8c64b36e9a6&id=c71fdc9d9b" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" novalidate>

<div class="mc-field-group">
    <label for="mce-EMAIL">Subscribe to our mailing list</label>
    <input type="email" value="" name="EMAIL" class="required email" id="mce-EMAIL" placeholder="email address">
    </div>
    <div class="mc-field-group input-group">
    Frequency

• <input type="radio" value="1" name="group[5]" id="mce-group[5]-5-0"><label for="mce-group[5]-5-0">Daily Digest</label>
    • <input type="radio" value="2" name="group[5]" id="mce-group[5]-5-1"><label for="mce-group[5]-5-1">Weekly Digest</label>

</div>
    <div id="mce-responses" class="clear">
    <div class="response" id="mce-error-response" style="display:none"></div>
    <div class="response" id="mce-success-response" style="display:none"></div>
    </div> <div class="clear"><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" name="subscribe" id="mc-embedded-subscribe" class="button"></div>
    </form>
    </div>

<!--End mc_embed_signup-->
    ############

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Patrick

I hope you are well today, thank you for the additional feedback.
    I have also passed this feedback on to the lead developer of this plugin.

Thank you for your patience.

Also I would like to let you know, if the floating social widget is still displaying wrong as my screenshot, that should be fixed with the latest update that was released yesterday.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The slide-in message shouldn't appear in your RSS feed, and while there are other ways around this, the proper fix should be attempted in the plugin code first. The latest plugin release (v1.1.3, just released) tries harder to avoid such cases. Can you please upgrade and see if it helps?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.