I have some issue with the pay with a like plugin.

This is from my customer please have a look

Hi guys,

I have some issue with the pay with a like plugin.

I have attached the picture the see what I am talking about.

Ref: http://virtualstudentagency.com/studying-in-melbourne-at-chambers-institute/

The Chambers article is the most liked post of the blog.
It has got 5 likes, but when you check the post without logging in the results on the top of the share buttons are all 0.

What is happening?

I am sure as I have did some of the shares the buttons have been pushed days ago.

Have you got any solution?

Cheers, Adam

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

There is no mystery here.

It is possible that users who liked that post later removed their likes using their Facebook or whatever accounts.

Sometimes likes are removed by Facebook too. There are examples of this. For example, you are not allowed to like pages of your own website.

On your website you declare your facebook account by meta property="fb:admins" setting. Facebook will reduce your own likes based on this declaration.

PWAL cannot know if likes are removed later on. It can only count who clicked that button on your page. It is completely ignorant whatever happens later on.

It is usually misunderstood that counts on the buttons are known by the plugin. But no, they are a part of the social network, they do not belong to your website and their data are not sent to you unless you use an API solution (e.g. Ultimate Facebook).

I hope this helps to clear some questions.

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.