I have spent about 6 hours trying to get the Facebook

I have spent about 6 hours trying to get the Facebook plugin to work with no luck. Obviously, I am a bit frustrated. I have a working application. It has a green dot next to it on the Facebook site and I get no errors from it. It is set to "public" in any possible place. However, when I attempt to link to it from your plugin I get an error saying that I should check that the key and secret are right and that it is set to "public." No matter what I do, I get the same error. I am at a loss to figure out what to do. I have tried to do this type of integration using plugins from other vendors and it never works. I was hoping that this plugin would.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Donald Steiny,

Let's see about getting you smiling here! :slight_smile:

When you were setting up your app for this, were the "App Domains" & "Site URL" both set to the domain for your site? If the App ID & Secret Key were indeed entered correctly, that's one point that comes to my mind.

If so, then could you please send in the following for your site via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

I'd also like to check out how your app is set up for this, but I'd need you to add me as an Developer (I'd be sending in my Facebook username via email, so that my user could be added).

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.