Backup Issue

I have started to experience difficulties with backups, “The site is experiencing technical difficulties.” in the middle of backups

• Luís
    • Support

Hi James ,

Hope you’re doing well!

I increased the memory_limit to 1024MB adding the following code to wp-config.php:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M');

Also, excluded a folder that belongs to other plugin that you may have installed in the past (wp-content/aiowps_backups), I did this is Snapshot -> Settings, under Global File Exclusions.

After this I was able to make a successful backup. You mentioned the same issue is happening on other sites hosted in the same server. I will suggest you to try do a similar procedure, increasing the memory_limit and also check if there are no folders containing big files (like the folders from older backup plugins).

If the issue stills, try add the following codes in wp-config.php to reduce the chunk sizes:

define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 10);
    define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 50);

Add the code right above the line that says: /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other related question, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Kris
    • Support

Hi James

To investigate this more could you send below data so we could take a closer look on this for you?

Please send it through our secure contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and make sure that subject is “I have a different question” and:

– Mark to my attention: ATTN: Krzysztof Tomczyk

– Site access (login url/ username / password)

– FTP credentials (host / username / password) or cPanel data (login url/ username / password)

– Link back to this thread

Please confirm here in thread that you have sent that message.

Kind Regards,

Kris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.