I have two domains pointed to Hosting Domain #1 Domain #2

I have two domains pointed to Hosting
Domain #1
Domain #2

Domain #1 I want to redirect to Domain#2

Domain #2 is a mapped domain on my wordpress multisite. ( the domain mapping is masking this sub.networkdomain.com)

I have done a 301 redirect in c-panel directing domain #1 to domain #2 with a wildcard.

The problem is Domains #1 is being redirected to sub.networkdomain.com instead of the mapped domain which is Doamin #2.

Do I need to do something special for a 301 redirect going to a Mulitsite Mapped Domain?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Hudson,

I hope you're well today!

In order to handle multiple domains with Domain Mapping plugin you need to add the following line to your wp-config.php file, somwhere above the "/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */" message:

define('DOMAINMAPPING_ALLOWMULTI', true);

Also, domains used with Domain Mapping should be configured with an "A" or "CNAME" DNS record rather then simple 301 redirection. In your cPanel you should be able to edit those settings for your domain.

Having said that, first please add the aforementioned line to your wp-config.php file, then try to add the new domain to the Domain Mapping plugin and see if it works.

Regards,
    Adam

• account32451

I have already done that when setting up multisite, it's not a domain mapping issue.

It a 301 redirection issue.
    Three domains OLD SITE, SUBSITE MAIN NETWROK and NEW SITE.

"The problem is Domains #1(OLD SITE) is being redirected to sub.networkdomain.com(SUBSITE MAIN NETWORK) instead of the mapped domain which is Doamin #2(NEW SITE)."

Meaning the old domain is being 301 redirected to the sub.domain.com. Instead of the new masked domain mapped domain.

So the 301 redirection is going to sub.mainsitenetworksite.com insterad of the masked domain mapped site http://www.maskeddoain.com.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.