I have tried to make a payment for PRO-site, but have got

Hello,

I have tried to make a payment for PRO-site, but have got this error once paid. What does it mean and how to avoid that for real client? Because I don't mind they haven t their profile completely filled (and where they need to complete?)

"Your initial PayPal transaction was successful, but there was a problem creating the subscription so you may need to renew when the first period is up. Your site should be upgraded shortly.
"Profile description is invalid""

And have another question more important. last time I asked on this forum how client could cancel subscription and someone told me a link will appear with a real subscription cancel button but I have nothing. So, My client can't cancel a subscription.

And another bug : receive receipt copy doesn t work (when I change email address)

Can you help me

Thx

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Ludovic,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

Do you have the PayPal IPN setup correctly? This is required for both automatic renewals and cancels.

Inside PayPal go to:

My Overview > History > IPN History.

Then see if you have any IPN errors there :slight_smile:

If you don't have IPN setup at all, then you can enable it there and paste in the IPN url link located in your Pro Sites payPal Express gateway settings.

Hope this helps! If its still happening then let us know and we'll continue troubleshooting this with you.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Ludovic
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I have to make a new payment and now I have :

There was a problem setting up the Paypal payment:
    "Profile description is invalid"
    Please try again.

So I have looked on internet and problem is defintely : "Profile description is invalid" for recurring payment.

I dont know what to do. Do I need to enable something in Paypal or PRO SITE?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Ludovic,

Thanks for your replies here!

If the IPN is sending correctly then you should be fine there. Are you using a PayPal sandbox or do you have a live account setup?

Also, you don't by any chance have "Enable PayPal Pro" checked do you?

Uncheck that if you do, as it requires further setup to use.

Can you grant support access so we can take a closer look :slight_smile:

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back Ludovic!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Ludovic

Hello,

It's granted:

I have changes some PRO SITE option (background and logo) to be exactly as my custom page in paypal. So now, my error is:
    Subscription start date should be greater than current date

PS : at this time in NZ, we are on 29 nov where rest of the world is on 28.

So I have change timezone (I was still in UTC default) to be in NZ time but still the same error.

So, I don't know if original default was resolved by my action or just the new error is above the last one.

I have tried pro site with account : test40

Crazy paypal

• Ludovic

I resolved this problem. I revoked status pro site so there was a problem. Then, I extented manually and try Paypal and it s working but I have a new bug :

If you choose to cancel your subscription this site should continue to have XXXX features until November 14, 2028

November 14, 2028

2028 it s pretty far for a monthly payment :slight_smile:

Can you help me?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.