I have two questions, actually... 1. If I delete Marketpress Lite, will that damage my existing sto

I have two questions, actually...

1. If I delete Marketpress Lite, will that damage my existing store?

2. My "Events.html" page (and children pages) no longer links to the original content. I see the content when I edit the page, but when I view the page, it bounces me to a 404 page. I was a little concerned that the "Events +" plug-in may have caused mischief. I tried deactivating it, and then the links Events.html bounced me to the home page. I then deleted the plug-in, but still, my Events.html, Workshop.html, and Fandance.html pages bounce me to the home page. Could this be an effect of the "Events +" plugin and if so, how might I troubleshoot it?

Thanks!

Edward

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

1. If I delete Marketpress Lite, will that damage my existing store?

Is your existing store using MarketPress Lite?

If so then it needs the code.

If you're replacing it with MarketPress Pro, then remove the lite version and activate the pro version. That will work.

Events.html

You're using .html in your permalinks?

Or how are you getting Events.html?

Events.html, Workshop.html, and Fandance.html

What are these pages? By default WordPress doesn't use .html file extension. So I'm confused, could you elaborate what you've done and are doing?

Cheers.

• EdwardMartinIII

"If you're replacing it with MarketPress Pro, then remove the lite version and activate the pro version. That will work."

Yep, and fantastic -- worked great!

"You're using .html in your permalinks?"

Yes -- my WP site is replacing a previous HTML flat-file site, so I'm using permalinks to present the pages as *.html.

"What are these pages? By default WordPress doesn't use .html file extension. So I'm confused, could you elaborate what you've done and are doing?"

The structure of the pages is such:

Events.html is an item at the top of the tree (along with other items, such as "Store", "Home," etc.

Workshop.html and Fandance.html are child pages to Events.html

I tried changing the name of Events.html to Activities.html, but the result was the same.

I tried moving Events.html to become the child of another page of the site, keeping Workshop.html and Fandance.html as child pages. All three became visible (wrong location, but still visible!).

Then I moved Events.html back to the top level of the menu (basically, saying it had NO parent). it appears in the menu-location it's supposed to appear in, with its children pages, but once again, clicking on it goes back to the home page.

This was not happening earlier. My next guess (which is why I'm asking) is that m-a-y-b-e something in the Events+ plugin set some sort of default for a top-level events menu item. I don't KNOW, but figured it was worth asking about. 8)

Does that help it make more sense?

• EdwardMartinIII

Okay, this may have patched it:

1. I changed the name of Events.html to Activities.html.
    2. I created a NEW page called Events.html
    3. I copied the content from Activities.html to Events.html
    4. I re-assigned the parent of Workshop.html and Fandance.html from Activities.html to Events.html
    5. I deleted Activities.html
    6. Everything appears to work.

Still no clue what caused it, but the effect is now gone.

I will proceed one plug-in at a time...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.