I have used to create a template using Blog Template Plugin. It works when I create a blog manually

I have used to create a template using Blog Template Plugin. It works when I create a blog manually (from netword admin), but not when a new user creates a site using Pro Site /wp-signup.php/.

The result via Pro Site is a blank site using my default theme... complete with "hello world" etc.

Thanks

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi rldonnell,

I just took a moment to run through a test on that and was able to create a new site with a new user and a new template and it worked fine. There's a lot to consider here though, as far as settings, so perhaps we can find where those settings differ.

Can you first off try creating a new blog as Super Admin but from wp-signup.php and let us know how that goes?

Also, the theme you're using, is it network enabled? Or is it perhaps a theme that's selected as a premium theme within the Pro Sites options?

Thanks,
    David

• rldonnell
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi David,

I went in as a super admin and created a new site from the network admin dashboard.

What I get is the template is correct... but none of the following is copied (as it was just last week).
    pages, menus, content etc. none of that is copied.

This is now urgent as we are supposed to go live - and I had it working! now not working.

thanks in advance, Robert

• rldonnell
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The theme is being carried over (set as the default theme in Network Settings). The Blog Template settings are not being carried over... and they were previously (this was before the switch to Pro Site although that could be coincidence).

Thanks for your attention. Robert

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.