I have used WP

Hello,

I have used WP Smush to compress my photos. In few days i succed to compres 720 photo, but I have anothers set who are not find by wp smush, maybe they are deleted on the server

Error meassage:
"132 image(s) were skipped due to an error.
Could not find /home/fabricatinro/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Irina-Schrotter-fabricat-in-Romania.jpg
Could not find /home/fabricatinro/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/magiun-de-prune-Topoloveni1-1024x1024.gif
Could not find /home/fabricatinro/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/pifou1-1024x1024.gif
Could not find /home/fabricatinro/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/farfurie-decor-2.jpeg"

How I can fix this error?

I don`t want to have any error and all the photos to be compressed. I need to increase my website speed and from google analyse this in the main problem.

Thank you
Adrian

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Adrian,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

While checking from the "outside" it seems that these images doesn't exist on the site. It looks like they were removed or renamed either manually or by another plugin directly from server without updating WP database. This would explain why they are still there for WP Smush Pro (theoretically) and Media Library but cause these errors.

Have you recently made any changes of that kind or are you using any plugin related to image editing/handling other than WP Smush Pro? Let me know please.

I'd also like to take a closer look at your site so could you please grant me a support access to it? Here's a guide on how to do this:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Adrian!

Thanks for granting access.

I checked your media library and here's what I have found:

There are some images (those listed in your initial post among them) that are not present. Original images are there but there's no some smaller-size copies of them. In WordPress each image is stored in several sized for different use: an image that you upload is saved "as is" but also some additional images of different dimensions are created and saved on server as well.

It looks like only some of these images were removed and since they are in media library, they must have been removed from the server. Removing images from WordPress shouldn't be on "server side" so instead of deleting files one should use "Delete" link in "Media Library". This way WordPress database gets updates as well so issues such as the one in question doesn't happen.

To fix it you may go one of following ways:

- you may delete unnecessary images: browse your Media Library and find images that are "broken" (you'll see them as listed by the name but with no thumbnail showed and when you click on "View" the attachement page will not show image); if you know that such image is unnecessary and/or you see "unattached" message next to it (meaning that it's not used anywhere in posts/pages) you may simply remove it.

- you may want to re-create these missing images; the "Regenerate Thumbnails" plugin should help:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

After the plugin is installed, go to you "Media Library", find these "broken" images and use "Regenerate thumbnails" link for each of them.

As a result, there should be no more "missing" images and you could then run bulk smush again and it should work fine with no errors.

Let me know if this helped, please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.