I have W3 Total Cache... will this conflict or make obsolete?

Hi! I have W3 Total Cache now for our wordpress site and I am wondering how hummingbird compares? I would love to test it out but I don't want to undo all the work I have done with w3 or add it and then have it crash the site because it conflicts. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Lauren,

Hummingbird is not cache plugin - we always recommend pairing it with cache plugins like W3 Total Cache or Super cache.
    There might be some similar features between them - like minification. If you turned minification in cache plugin don't turn it on in Hummingbird. If it's not enabled in cache plugin - enable it in Hummingbird.
    Hummingbird will show you what can you change in your site to improve speed (like how looks optimization fo your images) - it has option to enable gzip compression and browser cache.

They should not conflict between - you have to be sure that you are not enabling the same feature in both plugins.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Lauren
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Rock on! Just to make sure I am clear: I have minification, browser caching, and gzip already with W3 so I need to make sure those are not turned on with hummingbird? With those 3 gone is there enough that hummingbird will do to justify the install?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Lauren,

Rock on! Just to make sure I am clear: I have minification, browser caching, and gzip already with W3 so I need to make sure those are not turned on with hummingbird?

Yes, that is correct.

With those 3 gone is there enough that hummingbird will do to justify the install?

Yes, because with Hummingbird you have special monitoring tools, like performance scans, uptime and average response time monitoring, and downtime alerts.

Performance scan will show you what can you improve on your site to increase speed.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.