I have wordpress install in chinese. After installing

I have wordpress install in chinese.
After installing membership2 pro, it appear in english, is there anyway to change it to chinese?
I mean the plugin itself is english. it won't switch it to chinese according to my site language.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Jimmy,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Membership 2 Pro is still not translated to Chinese, plugin is translation ready and all our translations are done by members and can be found here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects
    And the Membership 2 is located here but Chinese is still translated 1%
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/membership

You can read more about how you can translate WP plugins here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/translating-wordpress-plugins/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jimmy

Hello Predrag,

Thanks for your information, I'm sad, I just signed up the 3 months subscription. Anyway, do you have any idea I can build a wordpress site like WPMU. Its like I want to sell my products based on subscription.
    When a visitor come to my website, they pick a plugin, when they click on the download button, it will show the subscription plan let them to choose. Once they signed up they are able to download the content.
    Which plugin should I use to build such a wordpress site, please recommend.

Thanks
    Jimmy

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Jimmy,

Membership 2 is still a young plugin and that's why the translation files are on low percentage, hopefully that will change soon :slight_smile:

When a visitor come to my website, they pick a plugin, when they click on the download button, it will show the subscription plan let them to choose. Once they signed up they are able to download the content.

Membership 2 comes with media protection add-on, just go to Membership 2 > Add-ons and enable it from there.
    You will see few additional options there, for example to mask your links.

You can now protect your media file and anyone without membership will not be able to access it until registration for proper membership.

Is this what you are looking for?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jimmy

Hi Predrag,

Yes, this is exactly what I'm looking for! But i have hard time to set it up :slight_frown:
    Ok I have enable Media protection from the Add-on section, I leave the default settings in the options. I created a post/page uploaded a jpg into my media library. Enable the membership access level protection, and POST!
    Back to the page I have created just now from the different browser, I couldn't see the page I have created. So I disable the membership access protection and update the post. I can see the page but I am able to download the jpg from the post/page.
    I back to the Media Protection from the Add-on section, go into the detail, enable Protect Individual Media files, I saw Media Library Items under Protection Rules, so I enable the jpg file I have uploaded just now. Without enable the Membership access protection from the post, I can see the post/page and the content as well, but i can download the jpg...
    I am so sorry to bothering you, I love this plugin, but I just can't figure it out.
    Please advise

Best regards,
    Jimmy

• Jimmy

Hello Predrag,

I have enable the support access from my website.
    Basically I have reset the wordpress database to the default, I have installed membership2 pro with add-on Media Protection enabled, and also I have uploaded a test pdf file call cv.pdf into a page called Sample Page.
    What I want to achieve is, when a visitor come to my website, they are able to view the content front the page, they are able to see the button, when they click on the Download Now button, it will redirect to the subscription age, after the visitor signed up a plan, they are able to download the pdf file from the Sample Page.
    This is exactly the same thing on wpmu website.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to do :slight_smile:

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Jimmy,

Apologies for the delay here.

Unfortunately I keep getting Invalid Access token and I'm unable to access your site to check your settings. This is usually resolved by revoking support access and then granting it again.

Also, thanks for detailed description, I was doing some testing on my end and redirecting download button to registration page is not something currently possible but let me flag this thread for our second level support dev guys to see what would be the best workaround for this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jimmy

Hi Predrag,

Thanks for the info, I hope to hear from you soon for the latest plug in updates, hopefully it won't take long because I am running this on a commercial site :slight_smile:
    I can see there is something running on WPMUDEV website is basically the same thing we have discussed about. A visitor visits on WPMUDEV website, they pick a plugin, plans shows up, visitor choose a plan, and pay, they are able to download the plugin after they log in to their account. Well maybe WPMUDEV have customized a bit for their website but it would be better if they come implement this feature into a plugin or something. But if you can give me some advise for what i am looking for, it would be very appreciated, maybe it can be done in some other why, I don't know but what I need is just simple as mentioned above.

"A visitor visits on WPMUDEV website, they pick a plugin, plans shows up, visitor choose a plan, and pay, they are able to download the plugin after they log in to their account. "

Once again, thank you so much! Really appreciated it.

Best regards,
    Jimmy

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Jimmy,

I hope you're well today!

I understand what you wish to achieve here and as my colleague @Predrag Dubajic said, although it's not doable "out of the box" at the moment, the feature should be included in one of future releases of the plugin. I cannot give you any ETA on this but I'm thinking there might be a temporary workaround with some shortcodes:

Assuming you have a "Guest" membership active (which is for non-signed up users) and the page with the download isn't protected itself (just the download content is protected) you may want to try adding the combination of shortcodes somewhere on the same page right above or below protected download link:

[ms-protect-content id="XXX"]
    [ms-note type="warning"] Please log in to access this download [/ms-note]
    [ms-membership-signup]
    [/ms-protect-content]

Please replace the "XXX" with and ID of your active "Guest"-type membership which you can find by going to your dashboard's

"Membership 2" -> "Memberships" page.

With these shortcodes only the "guest" (not logged in) users should see the information that they need to log in and a list of available memberships.

Let me know please if it helped!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Jimmy,

Sorry to hear Adam's solution didn't work for you but it did give me an idea of what can we try here.
    Could you try accomplishing it with this shortcode:

[ms-protect-content id="1,2" silent="yes"]
    <a href="LINK_TO_FILE">Download</a>
    [/ms-protect-content]

[ms-protect-content id="3,4" silent="yes"]
    <a href="LINK_TO_REGISTRATION_PAGE">Download</a>
    [/ms-protect-content]

What this shortcode does is show two different buttons, one will be linked to your file and visible to registered members and second one will link to registration/subscriptions page and will be visible only for visitors or members without correct membership.

What you will need to do is add correct links and proper membership ID's.
    In first part ID's I used ( 1 and 2 ) should be your paid membership ID's and in second code ID's 3 and 4 would be ID's for Visitor and Default memberships.

silent="yes" part ensures that there is no notification to members that there is another button in there, it will simply show one button for different memberships.

Let us know if this solution works for you.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.