I hope this is an appropriate place for the discussion

Hi, I hope this is an appropriate place for the discussion of feature requests.

I'd like to suggest, having been working with a younger customer base for the past couple years that the Appointments+ Appointment confirmation pop up message box text, be easily customizable, currently it just says "Thanks your appointment has been received" or something just like this.

When in reality it should say something like, "Thanks your appointment has been received. You'll receive an email when "service provider" confirms your request"
.. or something like this, "whats next" ok the site received it now what, is the client good to go, meet at that date... there must be clearer communication at this popup confirmation :slight_smile:

Another thing, when I'm collecting Name,Email, Address, Phone... It would be great for an easy way for the display text to be changed "not ftping and changing stuff" as site owners dont have http://ftp... because when I collect "Their Address" its confusing because my clients own customers need services "on location" at different address's, what I mean is I'd want to say "Event Location" not "Your Address" cause my client is not likely going to be going to the clients address but some studio..

In the mean time though I'd like to ask how I could change that text so I could ask for the address of the event, which the Service Provider will need to travel to;

Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

• Luís

Hi @chris306,

Hope you're doing well today!

I've just moved your topic over to our Features and Feedback from the Support Forum, instead of the members forum.

The members forum is indicated to place all the questions related to "non-support", as an example, suggestions about development, coding, plugins, SEO, Marketing, etc.

However, thanks for the suggestion, all of them can be done, but it will require some code modifications and for the text change you can use the translation file or using Ultimate Branding plugin and the "Network Wide Text Change" feature:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

I think an option to change the pop up message and to change the confirmation form fields, would be great features to the Appointments+ project, and I am sure that will be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

Hopefully some other members will show their support for the feature too, the more members that ask for it the sooner it will happen.

Cheers, Luís

• Michael

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure if I've understood what you want correctly, but if I have then you can already do all of this really easily. You just need to add your changes into your app_confirmation shortcode, like this:

[app_confirmation confirm_text="Thanks your appointment has been received. You'll receive an email when service provider confirms your request" name="Name:" email="Email:" phone="Mobile number:" address="Event location:" city="Postcode:" note="Special instructions:"]

Whatever you put in between the "s will be displayed instead of the default text, the confirm_text variable is the text displayed in the popup, the others I've included are for the booking form labels.

This example is not exhaustive and there are other parameters which you can modify. Have a look at the shortcodes page in your Appointments+ plugin installation for a complete list.

Hope this helps,

Michael

• Luís

Hi @chris306,

Hope you're doing well today!

I need to apologize about my bad information. Michael is right, I misunderstood the plugin options, and actually we can change all the information requested using the parameters of the[app_confirmation] shortcode.

Those are all the parameters we can use in the shortcode:

title, button_text, confirm_text, warning_text, name, email, phone, address, city, note, gcal.

You can get more information about the use of these parameters in Appointments -> Shortcodes, in the "Shortcode [app_confirmation]" section.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.