Buddypress Profile Issue

I installed buddypress on bloggingyogis.com and when I click on PROFILE I get a blank screen.

It seems the only way to get to the profile area so that I can edit it is from the admin menu in the upper right corner where it says edit profile.

• Dimitris

Hey there Michael,

I trust you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I can see this issue with all members profile pages. I tried to re-save permalinks but this 404 http error code seems consistent.

Have you tried to deactivate other plugins and further test the profile pages?
    You can do so as described in a nice flow chart here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

If this comes down to nothing, could you please access your server via FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the error by visiting a profile page.
    By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created.
    Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply.
    (if debug file is larger than 5MB, please use a service like Dropbox and post the shareable link instead).

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Michael!

Thank you for letting us know about it.

I have tested that on my setup and I was able to replicate the issue. It seems that our Fundraising plugin is calling a BP native function that's been deprecated and that's causing a fatal error (it should be shown in your site's debug.log if you enabled debugging).

I have already reported it as a bug to our developers and I think they should be able to fix that soon. I have also attached a "patch" file for you to this post. It seems to be working well on my end but please double-test it on your site and let me know if it fixed the issue for you too.

To apply the patch to your site please:

- download the .zip file that I attached to this post
    - extract it to your local drive
    - access your site via FTP (or cPanel's "File Manager" tool)
    - upload the "bp-wdf-notifcations.php" file from extracted archive to the "/wp-content/plugins/fundraising/lib/bp/" folder on your server; overwriting existing one.

After that you should be able to activate Fundraising plugin and it should work fine with BuddyPress. Let me know if that helped, please!

Best regards,
    Adam