I installed a new theme and it has an issue with the Google

Hi, I installed a new theme and it has an issue with the Google Maps plugin. Not sure if this is due to an error in the plugin that needs to be resolved or if it is just incompatible with the theme. Here is the info that was provided:

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/6w38dd

Link to the file: http://procenter.staging.wpengine.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu_dev_maps_plugin/js/loader.min.js?ver=4.1.1

I have enabled support access if you want to take a look. It is deactivated now on my staging site, but feel free to reactivate if you need to.

Thanks,

Jesse

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @jesse, hope you’re well today!

First of all thanks for the info and troubleshooting. I’ve tried to recreate this on one of your subsites but couldn’t recreate the issue you’re having.

Could you please add more information when is this happening and how to recreate it so we can test it out on our installs as well.

Additionally can you confirm that the issue is happening only when using X theme and Google maps? Please check if the same error appears when using one of the default WP themes, this way we’ll know that this is definitely conflict between the theme and our plugin.

Looking forward for your response :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Bojan

• Jesse
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi, no, it doesn’t happen with other themes. The theme I’m using, X Theme is very popular, so just thought you might want to know about it.

The issue happened when trying to load the their Appearance customizer. It wouldn’t load and their support identified the conflict occurring with your Maps plugin and sent that info to me.

Thanks,

Jesse

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @jesse,

Thanks for the info, I know the X theme is very popular. The reason I asked for theme switch was just so we can make sure that the issue is related to X theme.

With that being said would you mind sending us details so we can test this on our installs as well? You can send us your details through our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ using this template:

Subject: “Attn: Bojan”

-WordPress admin username

-WordPress admin password

-login url

-FTP credentials (host/username/password)

-link back to this thread for reference

-any other relevant urls

Select “I have a different question” for your topic – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Bojan

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @jesse,

I was looking to test this on my own installation just to make sure before sending this to our developer so I needed access to your files in order to download the theme. Luckily I had a copy of X theme (not latest version though) from another member so I managed to test this and I can confirm the issue. There is a js error in the console as you described so there is definitely a conflict between Google Maps and X theme.

I’ll forward this to our developer so he can take a look :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Bojan

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey Aaron,

Sorry for the delay on this, the reason for this is because X theme uses it’s own maps so it uses the same API as the plugin causing the conflict if that makes sense.

The fix would most likely have to be done in the theme rather then the plugin. With that being said I’ve notified the dev again so we can see if there is anything we could do in the plugin.

Cheers,

Bojan

• Aaron
    • New Recruit

After a little digging, I discovered that both the WPMU plugin and the X Theme both use the same [map] shortcode. Thankfully, down at the bottom of the settings page, the WPMU plugin already contains an option to switch to using the [agm_map] shortcode. After making that change, it works on the site.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.