I installed an update for membership 2 pro today 1.0.1 it crashed my site

Hi I installed the membership pro update today as well as Akismet and it crashed my entire wordpress site. I am unable to load wordpress from my c panel
I can use a backup but im wondering what to do to prevent this happening again have other users had this happen

Regards Concerned

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Bruce

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Would you please enable debug mode and check if any error is shown in that page?

To enable debug mode please edit a line in your wp-config.php:
    Change

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

to

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Please let us know what errors you see there.

Cheers
    Ash

• Bruce
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Ash
    I restored my site to a backup and made the changes you suggested
    this is what I saw

Notice: Use of undefined constant WPLANG - assumed 'WPLANG' in /home/brucewatson/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custompress/core/core.php on line 57

Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/brucewatson/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custompress/core/core.php on line 81

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Bruce

I mean, please update to latest membership again then enable debug mode. When your site crashes, and you enable debug mode, it will give you an error message. With that message, we can get an idea of the culprit.

Please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Bruce
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello Ash
    I installed the membership 2 plugin update again and This is What I got

Fatal error: Class MS_Addon_Automessage contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (MS_Addon::get_id) in /home/brucewatson/public_html/wp-content/plugins/protected-content/app/addon/automessage/class-ms-addon-automessage.php on line 24

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Bruce

Thanks for letting me know. I can confirm the error when automated email add on is enabled. I have sent the bug report to the developer, hopefully very soon the issue will be fixed.

For now, please continue with older version of the plugin.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.