I installed "Multi-Domains" so I could share plugins

I installed "Multi-Domains" so I could share plugins and themes across different domains (with fryecarephysicians.com being the primary network site).

So do I need to setup another installation (database + WP) altogether for other domains? or does it automatically build that for me within the same database? I just want each domain to have it's own set of content (meaning posts, pages, etc) but they would share all plugins and themes.

Basically I can't figure out how to connect fryecarelungcenter.com to the primary network site, fryecarephysicians.com, so that when I push out mass changes, it affects them all.

I also followed the help guide and one thing I noticed is that the DNS A record settings for both of the domains above are 67.205.20.94, since they are hosted on the same dedicated server that I own. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Regards,
Ryan

• Vaughan

Hi Ryan,

Hope you're well?

Basically I can't figure out how to connect fryecarelungcenter.com to the primary network site, fryecarephysicians.com, so that when I push out mass changes, it affects them all.

I think you might be misunderstanding the use of multi-domains.

Multisite just allows you to provide a choice of domains for your users to use when they signup to create a site/blog on your multisite (screenshot 1). But each site on the network is it's own site essentially, so making changes on 1 site, doesn't push those changes to all other subsites.

maindomain.com (main site)
    subsite1.maindomain.com (sub site)
    subsite.seconddomain.com (sub site)

and so on.

You will also need a dedicated IP address, I note that when I enter your IP address 67.205.20.94 i get a default server page, the IP address must point at the documentRoot of your multisite for it to work. So essentially, when you enter your ip in a browser you should see the front page of your main site.

I also notice your multisite is using subfolders, multi-domains will not work too good if at all when using subfolders, you should use subdomain multisite ideally.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.