I installed Pro Sites and now I can't access my site!?!

Hi! I just installed Pro Sites on my site, and now I’m not able to see my site. Here is the error that comes up when I go to my front page:

Warning: require_once(/home/dspinner/public_html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dspinner/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/addons/class-mp-addons.php on line 81

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dspinner/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/addons/class-mp-addons.php on line 81

Here is the error that came up originally when I was on the plugins page:

Warning: require_once(/home/dspinner/public_html/wp-admin/network): failed to open stream: Success in /home/dspinner/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/addons/class-mp-addons.php on line 81

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dspinner/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/addons/class-mp-addons.php on line 81

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Dawn,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

These errors point to the MarketPress plugin and suggest that some of its files are not available or “broken”.

I understand that you are sure that it started to happen only after installation of Pro Sites, is that right?

The first thing to start with in that case would be to disable Pro Sites plugin and this can be done by renaming plugins folder. To do this, please:

– access your site install via FTP (or cPanel File Manager)

– go to “/wp-content/plugins” folder

– rename the “pro-sites” folder to “pro-sites-off”

– try accessing your site’s dashboard again

This should automatically disable the Pro Sites plugin and if that plugin was the main culprit it would let you access the site and remove the errors.

Let me know please if this worked or if you need any assistance with this.

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Dawn!

I’m glad that it worked for you and that you regained access to the site.

You should be able to use Pro Sites though I’m not sure why it was causing that issue and I’d need to investigate it. I’m sorry I didn’t respond earlier by my last response was just after midnight in my time zone (we’re a globally distributed team) and I just had to grab a few hours off line :slight_smile:

That being said, let’s try following procedure first:

1. Remove Pro Sites from your site completely

2. Make note of the plugins that are currently active on your site

3. Disable all of them, except WPMU DEV Dashboard

4. Go to “WPMU DEV -> Plugins” and install Pro Sites again

5. Network-enable Pro Sites

If this doesn’t break the site at this point, please continue with this step

6. Enable again all the plugin that were previously enabled but do this “one-by-one” and see if the site breaks at any point.

If it doesn’t break you should be good to go. If it does at any point, please restore access the same way you did recently and let me know about that (including an information about the moment the site broke) and I’ll let you know how to provide me with direct access credentials to the site so I could dig a bit deeper.

Best regards,

Adam

• Dawn
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Adam Czajczyk Thanks for the reply! I did as you said and deactivated all plugins. I couldn’t get the automatic install from within WPMUDEV to work, so I downloaded the zip file and manually installed it. Then, I began to activate each of the plugins one at a time. The site broke when I activated Market Press. This is the content displayed at the break:

Warning: require_once(/home/dspinner/public_html/wp-admin/network): failed to open stream: Success in /home/dspinner/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/addons/class-mp-addons.php on line 81

To regain my site, I followed the first set of instructions you gave me and renamed the file, etc.

Could you look into this? I will deactivate Market Press as well, and then leave the site as is until I hear from you again. Thank you!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Dawn,

I don’t see any files attached to your comment, you can only attach .txt file so try changing the extension before uploading.

Also, could you try going to /wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/addons/class-mp-addons.php on line 81 and replace this code:

require_once $addon_obj->path;

With this:

if( file_exists( $addon_obj->path ) ) require_once $addon_obj->path;

Save the file and see if the error is gone after that.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Dawn,

hope you’re having a beautiful day and don’t mind jumping in! :slight_smile:

I did as you said, and then installed pro sites again. Once I activated Market Press, the site failed again on that same line.

That’s really unfortunate as it was a working solution for another member with the same error! :thinking:

I notified our dev guys on this so we’ll have some more info soon. Just keep in mind to extend the support access period in order for our devs to be able to have a closer look. :wink:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• Dawn
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Luis went in and simply replaced the files and altered the code (as mentioned above) and this seems to have fixed it. If it continues to happen, I will re-open this thread. But for now- thanks guys! You really came through on this!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.