I installed the anti-splog plugin. There is information

Hi,

I installed the anti-splog plugin. There is information that appears at the top of the settings page which is:

Please move the blog-suspended.php file from the Anti-Splog plugin to the /wp-content/ directory.

Why is this? Why do I need to do this?

How do I find the blog-suspended.php file in the plugin?

Please provide step by step instructions since I am not a developer.

Thanks!
Janet

• Vaughan

Hi Janet,

blog-suspended.php is an actual core file of wordpress. But wordpress provides a little bit of flexibility in overriding the core file with a version of your own, however that flexibility is very limited in that the only way you can customize the blog-suspended.php page in wordpress is to add a file to the /wp-content folder itself.

This is the only place wordpress core will look for that file, therefore with anti-splog, the blog-suspended.php file is a customized version of the wp core file, but to use it, it has to be placed in that location or the core will not use it.

I think a filter in the core would have been better so a plugin could just add a filter to change the location of the file so it doesn't need to be located in a specific location. but until that happens, it's the only way.

The blog-suspended.php file is located in the anti-splog plugin folder

You will need to use FTP or your CPanel File manager to do this.

Navigate to /public_html/wp-content/plugins/anti-splog

Now copy or move the file blog-suspended.php to the /public_html/wp-content/ folder

For more info on using FTP see. http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/ftp/

Hope this helps

• Janet

Hi Vaughan,

I know how to put the code in my wp-content folder. My question is which is the code that I need to put there.

I went to code section of the plugin by clicking edit and this is the code that I found regarding blog-suspended.php

Is this the right code:

if ( ! file_exists( WP_CONTENT_DIR . '/blog-suspended.php' ) ) {
    ?>
    <div class="error fade">
    <p><?php _e( 'Please move the blog-suspended.php file from the Anti-Splog plugin to the /wp-content/ directory.', 'ust' ); ?></p>
    </div><?php

Can you please tell me which line specifically I need to move to the WPcontent folder? This is what I am concerned about. I don't know which line to of code to copy and paste.

Thanks for the info.

Janet

• Janet

Hi Calvin,

You said I need to put the blog-suspended.php(whole file not just the code)

You wrote above that I can locate this inside the anti-splog plugin. But when I click on edit to edit the Anti-Splog plugin, all I see is the code. Where is exactly the whole blog-suspended.php file?

So, do I need to find a folder with the file? Please tell me exactly what you mean since I am not familiar with plugins!

Do you mean I need to copy the all the code that appears when I click edit plugin?

Thanks,
    Janet