I installed the Floating Social plugin but there is no 'Share' or 'Recommend' bu

I only have the Facebook like button but really want/need to enable sharing to Facebook, too. I've installed the Ultimate Facebook plugin along with the Floating Social. I could probably revert back to the FB plugin, but I'd like all the buttons to line up and look similar.

• julie
    • Flash Drive

Yeah, I don't want to add any other plug-ins. I had a lot of problems with plug-ins conflicting with each other -- each trying to add the FB app settings and then things don't work right. I am not sure how a Sharing plugin could be written without including the Facebook share. But I will look into adding the coding myself. However, the whole reason I purchased these plugins was so I wouldn't have to. Otherwise I would have written it myself or used a free one.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Just a word of note, Facebook doesn't have "Share" button - it has been deprecated a while back (e.g. https://developers.facebook.com/bugs/252983554810810/ ). Their sharing URL action still works most of the time, though - but there's no API around it, so if you want to use it it's just pretty much a link you can enter in the custom code box. Since this is so, you can make your link as simple or as complex as you want - here's some examples to hopefully get you started: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/share-links/

• julie
    • Flash Drive

I added it myself. I know FB officially doesn't support it, but everybody still uses it and FB provides instructions for using it.

Again, I think that since this is a plug-in that I actually paid for it should have already included the FB Share. As you know, it's extremely simple to add. All other plug-ins I've seen include it automatically as an option that you can turn on and off. I'm really disappointed that yours doesn't include it and I think you should reconsider.

• jamiescott
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Vladislav, Julie is extremely right. How can this simple code is not included in the bar? As what you have said that its easy to implement, we can't hack your plugin because it will have upgrade problem later on.

Please consider include this in your plugin.

Thanks very much.

• Vladislav
      • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

I was not suggesting to hack the plugin and of course, that could come with upgrade issues penalty you mentioned. However, the plugin comes with a way of adding other sharing services built-in, among the plugin settings, which can be used for this very purpose.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.