I installed the Video Tutorial plugin, but I do not see how

I installed the Video Tutorial plugin, but I do not see how I can add it to my menu. I checked Top level menu when I set it up.

• Milan

Hello @tucari,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

You won't be able to see videos on menu navigation. Videos can be rendered on page via different possible shortcodes ( Settings > WPMU DEV Video > Shortcodes ). Then you can add link to that page in menu.

Here is how I would like to go about this. :slight_smile:

#1) Register domain where you want to render our Royalty free videos. :slight_smile: ( Settings > WPMU DEV Video > Display Settings > Register this domain )
    Now we have two choices here, either we can display videos in Dashboard menu or on front end of site.
    So let's first take a look at how to display menu for video tutorial in dashboard menu.
    #a) Configure menu settings for it as shown in this screenshot

#b) Make sure that your domain is registered in plugin and save changes. :slight_smile:

Another approach here is that you add page link in front end menu via Appearance > Menu . So for that,
    #a) First create page and use shortcode which suits your need as its content. :slight_smile: ( Settings > WPMU DEV Video > Shortcodes )
    #b) Add that page in front end menu via Appearance > Menu

That's it. :slight_smile:

If you are facing difficulty in following my solution please do enable support staff access to your site and I will make those changes for you. :slight_smile:

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Enjoy WPMU DEV.

Cheers,
    Milan

• Eddy

Hi,

I already installed and activated the video tutorial plugin on my multisite. I set it up to be in the dashboard. I checked the image posted with comment above and made sure my settings matched, and they did. But the problem is that the video tutorial nav is not showing in the dashboard! The only thing that's showing is the WPMU DEV Videos under Settings.

What am I missing?
    Thanks.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Eddy!

But the problem is that the video tutorial nav is not showing in the dashboard! The only thing that's showing is the WPMU DEV Videos under Settings.

Please go to "Settings -> WPMU DEV Videos" page and check the selection for "Menu Location" option. By default it should be set to "Dashboard" meaning that the "Video Tutorials" link will show up when you click on "Dashboard" link in the dashboard menu:

In case of Multisite it will show up in the same place but not on "Network Admin -> Dashboard" page. Instead it will be available in dashboards of the main site and all the sub-sites. Therefore make sure that you have actually switched from Network Admin to the dashboard of any site of your multisite network. The link should then be there.

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam