I installed the WPMU dev dashboard plugin onto a new, local

I installed the WPMU dev dashboard plugin onto a new, local wordpress install. I tried installing any of the new upfront themes through there, but it doesn't work. I tried installing through the dashboard, then activating in WP Appeareance->Themes section, but it still didn't work. I did notice that only the child theme (Spirit, Fixer, etc) shows up, but Upfront does not. I'm assuming this is the issue? I also tried downloading them from the site and adding them manually, but still had no luck.

When I activate the themes, it says it activates successfully. However when I go to the front end, it's full of errors such as:
Unknown element type: Uimage
Unknown element type: Code
Upfront_PlainTxtView class not found

When I try to customize the theme, it just shows the 'Loading' graphic forever. There's also an error in main.js on line 44: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'settings' of undefined".

I have no other plugins installed on the site. It is a completely fresh install, and works with no errors when using the default twentyfourteen WP theme.

Tyler Postle

Hey Portaldev,

Hope you're doing well today!

I just tested this on my local install and it's working fine for me. Here is how I installed it:

1. Dopwnload Spirit and then upload via: Plugins > Add new.

2. Once Spirit is installed it will give you a missing parent theme notification banner across the top of your admin, clicking the install there will get Upfront installed for you.

Upfront won't show in the themes section, it isn't suppose to because it requires a child theme

We will be releasing a child theme builder soon so you can build your own child themes without having to touch any code. In the meantime, the child themes now are very customizable since you can move/delete/place almost any element wherever you want.

First delete Upfront and Spirit from your install then try the above method, if that doesn't work then it could be a conflict with your localhost server setup.

Look forward to hearing back on this portaldev!

Cheers,
    Tyler