I installed wordpress directly to mydbname_global

Is it correct to install wordpress directly to the _global database? When I got to the move-blogs.php it was all green and I ran it anyway...how do I ensure that the plugin is distributing my sites properly?

• Patrick

Hi there @to your Dashboard

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

Is it correct to install wordpress directly to the _global database?

No, that is incorrect, and stuff will break.

The _global database must be in addition to the main database where your WordPress is installed.

So your 1st step is to install WordPress in the usual way. Then set up multisite on it.

Then, go through the steps as detailed on the plugin usage page exactly. Please do not modify any of the steps.

• Justin

Thanks, I did install on its own database thru instaltron and performed the move-blogs.php and everything went well. Now I am getting an error:

"Forbidden-You don't have permission to access / on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I am using subdomains and I have a wildcard in my DNS and have set up wp-config and hataccess files. I checked the _global database and the subdomain is recorded in the wp_blogs table but there is no other database that has been setup to accept the installation from the 256 that I set up. All tables but the original and _global are 0MB and have no tables. I thought the move_blogs.php script would format all my DBs but it did not. I don't know how to debug it any further?

Not sure what to do? Thanks for the help

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.