I installed WP

Hello,

I installed WP Smush Pro on CharlesGaudet.com and PredictableProfits.com - I used the default settings and it appears it wasn't enough as the Google Speed test (and your performance test) is still showing the images are too large.

Thoughts?

Nastia

Hello Charles , I hope you are well and welcome to WPMU DEV Community!

Please make sure that the Super Smush my images option is enabled on your site. Go to Media > WP Smush to enable it. Please see the screenshot:

I tested your site with Google Insights and it looks like it is not only the compression issue, but a size (dimensions) is too large.

For this, you need to resize the images based on your site settings.

Navigate to Media > WP Smush and enable the "Resize original images " option. Set the images size based on your largest thumbnail size. The dimensions of your largest thumbnail size will be shown right bellow.

You can also to enable Include my original full-size images to save even more space on your site.

Let us know how it went!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Nastia

Hello Charles , I hope you are doing well today!

I tested your site with Google Insights and currently there are only 4 images that require compressing and resizing. These images are in PNG format.

I've checked and these PNG files are with transparency, the WP Smush plugin ignoring all PNG files with transparency. There is an option in plugin's settings, to convert PNG to JPEG format, but this way you will lose transparency.

Ti fix this, let's take for example the charlesgaudet.png image; this image is loaded in a full size which is 762x1024 px, but inside the region, it has a fixed size 345x460 px. To fix this, instead of an original image, edit the page and choose a smaller thumbnail to appear on your site, the dimensions should not be higher than the 345x460 px.

Repeat the same for all the other images, select the image thumbnail to load, instead of the full-size image.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Nastia